Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do with Tax Return >

What to do with Tax Return

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
New Trykon
48.94%
Add to Engagement Ring Fund
51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

What to do with Tax Return

Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What to do with Tax Return

Ok, so the gov't decided they'd let me have some of my money back this year. Still not happy about the rest of the money they stole, but Im atleast happy to get a little back.

The Question now is, do iuse it to help get mea new Hoyt Trykon or Put the money in the "Engagement Ring Fund"

Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What to do with Tax Return

Better yet, put it in a retirement investment. If you claim a 0 on your taxes every year and then take the returns and invest them you will probably retire 5-10 years earlier. This is what I do with mine every year. I hate working, and hope to retire young enough to be able to hunt all day long or be outside all year.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Better yet, put it in a retirement investment. If you claim a 0 on your taxes every year and then take the returns and invest them you will probably retire 5-10 years earlier. This is what I do with mine every year. I hate working, and hope to retire young enough to be able to hunt all day long or be outside all year.

Bingo.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

AWW thats no fun[:'(]

I guess it would be the most responsible thing to due... but ive put so much away for retirement already this year!

Quit being so reasonable Matt!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Or better yet, claim the proper ammount of deductions on your W2,takeall of that money that you would have been loaning to the Feds intrest free and place it into an intrest bearing savings account and at the year invest even more money than you would be getting back from theFeds byclaiming"0".

You just gotta have the dicipline to put it into a savngs account every pay day.

Or since you, and probably she, knows about this engagement you might want to make sure she gets a nice ring.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:44 PM

I like that the results are 3 to 0 in favor of putting toward an engagement ring! The retirement idea is a good idea, but if getting married, "butter the bread" up front, pony a little extra for the ladies ring and then you will have cred down the road for hunting "investments."
Old 04-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

The new bow will last 3-5 years before you want a new one..Skimp on the ring and that bride will be gone long before you are replacing the string!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

[:@]Uncle Sam sent me a bill for $2,000 this year. [:@]
Old 04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea yea, you guys are right, Looks like i'll be putting 1/2 in the ring fund, and 1/2 in the retirement acct... I just was day dreamin a bit there i guess....
Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

Yea yea, you guys are right, Looks like i'll be putting 1/2 in the ring fund, and 1/2 in the retirement acct... I just was day dreamin a bit there i guess....
I hear ya buddy, I get caught up dreaming about thingsI want all of the time, especially hunting land.

Quick Reply: What to do with Tax Return

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.