Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who wins bow of the year? >

Who wins bow of the year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who wins bow of the year?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who wins bow of the year?

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Darton
Another company that I feel has taken a step back. Their motto is "Say goodbye to old technology" but what the heck is that yoke device on the cables. I haven't seen anything like that in 10 years. The stand out of the Pro series is very fast and from what I understand smooth and shock free, but again only sports a 6 1/4" brace. I also would like to see what this company can do with a true binary cam. (Fanboys, they patented the name, not the technology).
I think most of your post was spot on except for the Darton quote. Don't know if you have studied what exactly that yoke device does, but it is a binary type design that now has dual take up tracks and allows for a yoke system to prevent cam lean instead of only being attached to one side of the cam. Thisyoke allows you to eliminate all the cam lean/limb twist problems that have been associated with the other binary designs in the past. It is actually quite a good idea and works very very well.........it actually works the same as a floating yolk on a hoyt but applies that proven technology to a binary cam system. All the problems that scare some people away frombinaries....i.e. cam lean and limb twist, whatever you want to call it, are gone with Darton's design. I am speaking as someone that is in no way associated with Darton, but on paper it appears that design is the next best thing to a shootthrough cam system.

The pro 2000 is about as fast as anything else out there right now except for the true speed bows and has a bit more forgiving specs for those that are intimidated by a lower brace height. Their speed specs are usually spot on too, unlike a lot of other manufacturers. The Pro 2000 is 34.5", and 7.25" brace, and is rated at a real world 320fps.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My vote goes to

Darton/Alpine and
Monster

My votes up in the air on the gaurdian and comander , I have not seen one yet a good friend who is a dealer said it is the quietest bow hes ever shot , I trust him , as for the rest , it appears some have had cable problems , something last years bowtechs were heads above the other manufactures on

Im with Rick James , Huntinbry was off on that about darton , they along with alpine I believe have introduced this year an improvement in the way cabels attach to cams , I think its been done before though , maybe its a reintoduction .

Darton makes more than one bow allso , the 6 1/4 brace bow is only one model pro3000 , the pro 2000 is basicly the same bow with slighty longer limbs and around a 7 inch brace , and its a sweet shooter , I own one , not a fanboy or chearleader , Ill tell ye the draw cycle is rough but they shoot sweet , hold dead steady , anf tune easyly

Old 04-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Admittedly, of all of the bows and manufacturers I listed in my post Darton is the one I know the least about. I wanted to include them because I believe as a company they are worthy of consideration, but I have no first hand experience with their bows this year. RJ, what you said makes sense and is consistent with Darton's way of taking the standard and improving on it. I have no bias toward any company and my ignorance of their product was evident. Thanks for clearing it up.

Preacher Tony, I have shot the Drenalin and it was with no stabilizer or noise suppressing devices other than what is on the bow. Hand shock may not be the best descriptor, perhaps bow jump? There was some action to the bow when I shot it that I did not feel in their previous offerings. They still have that sweet draw though.

GMMAT, I disagree and the one magazine I have subscribed to for years is a perfect example. I get Bowhunting World and I cannot remember the last time that they did not have a Mathews as the bow of the year. Maybe other mags are different, but BW loves them some Mathews.

Also, I'd like to say that my post was by no means gospel and based on my experiences and preferences which are obviously very subjective. All of the bows mentioned would certainly go home with me if offered for free and I'd be happy as a clam. Just once though I'd like to see a "Bow of the Year" go to a company that is unexpected and has a product deserving of the title. I think any of those companies mentioned could do that if given the opportunity.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

GMMAT, I disagree and the one magazine I have subscribed to for years is a perfect example. I get Bowhunting World and I cannot remember the last time that they did not have a Mathews as the bow of the year. Maybe other mags are different, but BW loves them some Mathews.
Didn't realize that. I stand corrected! (maybe Mathews DOES love that magazine!)
Old 04-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: passthru79

I think it could be a toss up between Hoyt vetrix, Bowtech Gaurdian, and Ross Cardiac. Personaly I think the Vectix is just a remake of the trykon so not a whole lot going for it. The gaurdian shoots nice but deffinetly qawdy looking. So Ross Cardiac it is.
IT is no where near a remake of the trykon where did you get that from it has a smoother draw a bit faster and there is no horrible valley to fall in to from what i have seen and pulled so far plus the stealth shot is very nice.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

I would also say the Guardian, just judging by what i have heard from everyone out there. Seems like there are a lot of people going that route
I agree. It's so innovative how could you not?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

how is the guardian innovative they still get cam lean and it amde thebow heavier it did increase limb strength but just split limbs would have done that so i dont see how it is really innovative not trying to start a war just want to see how you think its innovative
Old 04-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

IT is no where near a remake of the trykon where did you get that from it has a smoother draw a bit faster and there is no horrible valley to fall in to from what i have seen and pulled so far plus the stealth shot is very nice.
If you look at the specs on the Vectrix and Trykon they are nearly identical.

Trykon Vectrix
33" ATA33" ATA
7" BH7" BH
316 FPS IBO316 FPS IBO

That's not to say that the Vectix isn't a big improvement over the Trykon, but is a very similar design with a lot of improvements.

how is the guardian innovative they still get cam lean and it amde thebow heavier it did increase limb strength but just split limbs would have done that so i dont see how it is really innovative not trying to start a war just want to see how you think its innovative
Granted BowTech is still fighting cam lean, but you can't seriously say that the design is not innovative. The pivot limb technology allows for lighter limbs, which allow for greater efficiency(what Mathews wanted) without sacrificing low noise, vibration, and shock levels. The riser allows for a reflex design with some deflex characteristics. Granted brace height is the determining factor of a forgiving bow, but the design lends itself to stability. The bow is insanely quiet for the speeds it produces. All of these are attributes to the design of the bow.

Pros silent speed, stable shooting platform, extreme efficiency, low hand shock/vibration

Cons cam lean on some, stiff draw cycle

I believe those cons to be issues that will be rectified in future editions. To say this bow design is not innovative just doesn't seem to give BowTech credit for what they have done. They do have some things to fix, but the future looks bright from where I'm standing.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:38 PM

What about the High Country Iron Mace? On paper this bow looks like an excellent offering from a company that has kind of been struggling for a few years.

Great speed, laminated barnsdale limbs, and trinary cams. I'd love to shoot one and see how it compares to say an alleginace.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about PSE, with the Xforce. Its actually proven better...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBJKCrhqR-M

Quick Reply: Who wins bow of the year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.