Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 are ground blinds the new treestand >

are ground blinds the new treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
16.95%
no
83.05%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

are ground blinds the new treestand

Old 04-04-2007, 09:24 AM

Default are ground blinds the new treestand

are pop up ground blinds the new treestand. i see more and more people using them and more Companys making them. what do you think?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 AM

Default RE: are ground blinds the new treestand

People have always hunted from the ground, pop ups just make it somewhat easier now. I don't think you'll see a large number of guys giving up climbing trees. Ground blinds just give a hunter another option.

I guess I haven't been bitten by the 'bug' just yet.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always hunted from the ground (made my own blinds) when the situation called for it. A pop up just makes it easier to get to the perfect spot whenthe terrain won't allow you otherwise. When available I try to go up a tree.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 AM

Folks will never give up their tree stands. I agree that blinds are building in popularity, but they just aren't as effective for deer as a tree stand. Note that I said AS effective, because they are effective. I shot one out of a pop up last fall.

Now for turkeys, pop ups are venom. That's the way to go for birds....They simply pay NO attention to a blind at all. Just don't get out of the blind with birds in sight...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just because they are popular and people buy them, doesn't mean they will ever come close to acheiving the effectiveness of a treestand.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Just because they are popular and people buy them, doesn't mean they will ever come close to acheiving the effectiveness of a treestand.
I agree with this. I also think it matters which region of the country you're polling.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are jsut too many advantages to being elevated. Ground blinds are good but a treestand is better whenever it is possible.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

There are jsut too many advantages to being elevated. Ground blinds are good but a treestand is better whenever it is possible.
Exactly...
Old 04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its just another tool. When the leaves drop, or if you are in low scrub pines, its perfect for that. But, its also a lot less work than a tree stand, and I can sit inside, with my feet up, reading a book, wearing shorts, and drinking a sweet tea, all the while, having deer come up to 15 steps completely unaware of my intentions.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

You'll never see a pop up replace a treestand , like rybohunter said just because they'er getting popular that doesn't mean more hunters are taking huntingon the ground.
Hunting from a treestand has alot more advantages than using a ground blind , every hunter knows that.
I use a ground blind when hunting deer but only when the weather is too rough for a treestand.

Quick Reply: are ground blinds the new treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.