Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sitting or standing.....What do you do? >

Sitting or standing.....What do you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sitting or standing.....What do you do?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Sitting or standing.....What do you do?

Another post got me thinking how others do it. I probably split my time sitting and standing......and keep my bow on a hook. It's easier for me to go from sitting to standing without a bow in my hand.......and it's at the right spot when I'm standing. My bow's also already vertical while it's on the hook.

I've got a buddy who stands ALL THE TIME. I wish I could do it, comfortably. I can't.

Again.....no wrong answer......just curious.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sitting or standing.....What do you do?

I probably stand a majority of the time, especially when deer activity is high. If i dont see deer for a while ill take a seat and relax...unless hunting from a crotch stand, then i guess you have no choice but to stand [8D]
Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 AM

I do the same as you. I also try to take shots standing. I was able to stand and draw back on one of 8 toms last fall without being detected. So for now, I'm not changing my way of doing things.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sit most of the time, but I keep my bow across my lap. Sometimes I will stand, just to strech, or to get a better look around. I also stand everytime I see a deer in the distance or one that comes out of nowhere, but hasn't spotted me. The only time I am not holding my bow is when I get a snack, drink, or when nature calls.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 AM

I for the most part sit, with top of my bow hanging eye level on a ez hanger when doing so. I stand for short periods of time, but do better minimizing my movement when sitting.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

I ussaly sit but i stand when the action starts to pick up or just to strech. i ussaly have my bow on a screw-in hanger. works good enough for me
Old 04-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I stand during "prime time", then usually split it up the rest of the time on stand. My bow is always within reach hanging on a bow holder.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff I'm like you I split my time between both. I put a bow holder on the side of my climbling platform to hold my bow.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sit most of the time and try to position myself to shootwhie seatedif possible. If a deer is approaching from behind, I stand.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I split my time 30 minutes standing and 10 sitting. I have been doing this for a couple of years and have only been cought sitting 2 or 3 times.

Quick Reply: Sitting or standing.....What do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.