Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowPlane

Old 03-30-2007, 08:03 PM

Default BowPlane

Something worth looking into. I'm thinking of ordering one myself.

The BowPlane uses the latest in laser technology to project a laser line 360 degrees all the way around your bow, creating a visible reference plane to adjust not only your rest, but also your cams and sights at the same time. This patented and patent pending laser technology is soon to emerge in other industries but thanks to DoubleTake Archery, the archery industry will see it first.

The BowPlane is a short 11" setup arrow that nocks on your string just like a normal arrow. When you activate the laser plane, it project a laser line 360 degrees around the inside of your bow--up and down your bowstring, along your cams and/or idler wheels, upper and lower limbs, riser, handle, rest and sight pins. It is complete bow alignment all in one easy step.

http://www.doubletakearchery.com/bowplane/index.htm
Old 03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BowPlane

Thats pretty neet, I have the EZ laser center shot and its nice.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:18 AM

Sounds like the perfect solution to a problem I don't have.

How did people ever shoot perfect scores before all this stuff came out?

Paul
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Paul
now thatis funny
[/blockquote]
Old 03-31-2007, 07:03 AM

Makes you wonder doesn't?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:18 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Paul
Same way engineers designed bridges before they had a computer to run the math programs for them. They knew how to do it without tools to make it easier.

Should help the average guy be able to better tune his setup without having a PhD in archery.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I saw the same thing in my Petersons's Bowhunting Mag. Looks pretty neat but the question is, will it hold up to what it says it will do...[&:]
Old 03-31-2007, 03:43 PM

I'm assuming it will work just as well as the EZ Laser that Greg / MO did a review on, only it will be a bit easier to use. It will definitely take a lot of guess work out of things.

The shop I may start working at is thinking of ordering one, they just didn't have the MSRP for it when I was in there last.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

This will work ALOT better than the ez because it isn't counting on the riser to be square with the centershot path.

The biggest problem I see is it can't be used at full draw.So it is basically useless.

Cam adjustments and centershot adjustments have to be made at full draw to be accurate.If done in the static position,you are just as well to eyeball and then tune in the yard actaully shooting.Which has to be done regardless of what method you use.

If this was a full length arrow and you had a shooting machine,it would be the cats meow for getting into ultra fine tuning.Or bow setup.

The lazer that spot Hogg sell works awesome with a shooting machine.I have a friend that uses this combo for tuning and setting up bows for world competition and has even had a few bows that he has setup for shooters thathave set world records.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how I have ever manage to hit a deer, without that item.No, really I guess it might be fun to mess with, then would be put in the closet with the other stuff.

Quick Reply: BowPlane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.