Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long has your camp been a camp? >

How long has your camp been a camp?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long has your camp been a camp?

Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How long has your camp been a camp?

I put this on the deer forum thoughtthat it was here. How long has your camp been astablished, our camp has been around for 51 years, if i did my math right, anyway since 1956. I don't know what it would be like without the camp. I hope we still have it when I retire so I can go there at leisure too.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How long has your camp been a camp?

The way I hear the story told my buddies grandfather helped a war buddy build a house right after getting home from WW2, his friend appreciated the help so much that he deeded over 100 acres of wet swamp woods, and my friends grandpop returned the favour with a case of scotch.
This is a private camp, no "members", but we call it the camp, and I feel priveleged to have an open invitation and do everything that I can to help keep up the place and contibute to it.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my property in 1992,put a 17ft camper on it that year then built my cabin the next year.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

tschaef
It looks like you guys really ruff it.

I like sleeping in my own bed as I usually hunt close to home.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 PM

This year will be 52 years. The origional camp at my place burned - you can still see the frame and it would have been 80 or 90 years old.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

The family camp (thatnever gets used anymore) was started by my grandpa in 1934 or 35. He had the land and would put up a portable shack come hunting season. Almost like a ice shanty. My dad and grandpa then built what was a pretty nice hunting cabin in 1965. It still remains there. I will go up there to bow hunt every once in awhile. No running water but it keeps you dry for the most part. One of my favorite places to tell you the truth.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:13 AM

My father has had our camp in Ocala since 1985. Just last year I was given a piece of property from my grandfather in Ocala (Eureka actually) and the wife and I plan to get a septic, water, then put some sort of camp on it.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Built in 1964 the "Ohio Camp" in Lucinda PA

Backed up ready to leave from Camp Dec 06

Old 03-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool topic. Hunting camps are a man's pride and joy. Our get away place to enjoy nature, and what we love doing!
My camp doesn't have the yrs of history yet. Got the piece of land in 98', had a 21ft camper on it we remodeled inside to accomodate6 hunters. Myself, 2 brothers, and3 friends. In 2000 we decided to build a camp,the3friends didn't want the expense & got out. We then decided it was best just to leave it as family only. We included our dad, who'd gotten out of hunting. Built a 2 story 20x20 camp. Its back in the woods off a seasonal rd. Can't be seen from the rd. No electricity, no running water. Woodstove, Propane lights, frig, and cook stove. Haul our own water in. Of course ya can't forget a outhouse!
Now my boys are old enough to hunt, and go down with me all the time, about everytime. Help me out alot with camp duties, and deer management. We've alreadly shared lots of memories, and getting my dad back into hunting has been awesome as well. Alot good times alreadly. I hope we keep it in the family for many many yrs.!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad build our "camp". He started in 1985 and finished it along the years. There area lot of memories there. We have continued to improve our living conditions to make it easier to stay longer..

Quick Reply: How long has your camp been a camp?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.