Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting Techies - here's a head scratcher. >

Bowhunting Techies - here's a head scratcher.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Techies - here's a head scratcher.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting Techies - here's a head scratcher.

Next on Futureweapons, learn how advances in primitive hillbilly technology have turned averageredneck bowhunters into elite killing machines. LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

You could also imprint the program with editing software.....and it could handle that task while you're there in the tree. If it would then download the information to your website.....it could be on the tube before you got home.

I'll still GIVE you some venison if you need it, though!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bry - you're right - you could use one of those pressure pads that they have for laser sights on handguns and assault weapons to power up the thing. You could use a USB memory stick to xfer/store all the data.

I'd just like to see if it's possible to actually create a sighting system that's capable of handling all those tasks, but still small and user-friendly enought to actually perform under field conditions. Hmph.

I live for kicking around stuff like this.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

The people part of the problem with a sighting system like this is that far toooooooooo many people couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing in the barn and were using "perfect" form. Now give them something like this and you will have all of these sameidiots thinking they could just pull pack the string and "shoot from the hip" so to speak.

You know the peopleI am talking about. The ones that come into a bow shop to purchase their very first bow one day before opening day of deer season and want it set up and "sighted in" so they can go out andkill a deerwith a bow for the very first time in their life. [&:][:@]
Old 03-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

That would be neat to see but there goes all of the funny hunting stories when you/your friends miss! Takes all the fun outta shooting too. Heck, you probly wouldn't even need to practice shoot! But good idea tho!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Practicing is more than figuring out where your pins should go. You should first practice with your form until you can get good groups at a distance (out to at least 60 yards). Then practice from twisted, awkward postions that you might experience in your tree stand. Then practice from your tree stand. Once you have done all of this and can maintain 6 inch groups at 40 yards from any position in your stand, then and only then are you ready for the woods IMO.

No amount of technology will replace that.

Besides, there is always buck fever. Could you imagine the ribbing you'd get if you did miss with this device?[:-]
Old 03-29-2007, 11:51 AM

My excuse is, my sight locked up and there is no CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons for me to push and by the time my sight re-booted the deer was gone
Old 03-29-2007, 12:13 PM

And you could draw it back with a Hooter Shooter mounted in your treestand and leave it at full draw so that you could fire it remotely from home without ever getting out of bed... you guys have way too much time on your hands.[&:]

Nothing drives me nuts more than the deckhand who'll spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to rig the picking hook to pull a pot across the deck rather than spending the minute it would take to put his lazy ass behind it and push it where it belongs! I guess that's why Neanderthals make such good deckhands.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Or you could just set the hooter shooter to be aimed in a fixed position about 3.765' back and 2.433' up from your CORN PILE!

Then set it on a motion sensor with a 4 second delay.....and you could just check it every afternoon!

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

OK.....I know.....

Dude....I'll STILL give you some venison!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:41 PM

I thought i had alot of time on my hand at work... WOW.lol

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Techies - here's a head scratcher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.