Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many......Add 'em up! >

How many......Add 'em up!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many......Add 'em up!

Old 03-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many......Add 'em up!

I am starting my 51st year in Bowhunting-never bought a gun tag, ever for biggame. Remember, for many yearswe were only allowed 1 Deer total per year. Today I am still allowed only one Buck since I only Bowhunt. Aftermy Navy daysI started Bowhunting several states per year. usually at least 3.
Over 100+ Whitetails with 80% of them being Bucks. I have MANY Antlered Bucks but only FOUR that are very respectable. I have probably MISSED half again of what I have killed (150+). I also have 13 Mule Deer that are all average Bucks 2x2s, 3x3s & 2 Does.
I am guessing my total Bowkills (all Biggame) is around 200.
My 1st 38 biggame animals were taken with fingers,wood arrows & a recurve & no sights. Barebow all the way. Now I got the compound, release, sight, range finder, wind calculator, come over here "baby" Deer call, I'm smellin like the hottest Doe around & I still went Buckless the last 3 years. Of course I think I've passed at least 50 Bucks within 20 yards too. Good Luck & may you ALL have as many years of pleasure as I have Bowhunting.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

6 witha bow. All bucks
Old 03-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably 15 total. 6 with a bow in 3 years of bowhunting. Also 1 turkey with my bow.

So far I've never missed or lost an animal with my bow. I hope to get up to Rybo's level of 36 bowkills without a miss or lost animal. That's really something to be proud of.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

31 total bowkills for me. 20 bucks and 11 does. I only have two (2 too many) unrecovered. Actually one I ended up finding 72 hours later and a long long way away from where I shot it, but the yotes got to him before I did so that counts as unrecovered.