Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New "survival" forum? >

New "survival" forum?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New "survival" forum?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New "survival" forum?

It's a great idea, lots to learn and some intresting stories as well. The do's and don'ts of survival could save a life!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:05 AM

I think that it is a very good idea.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

KP.... AWESOME idea ..... like someone said .... injuries ...if you broke a leg or back ....what would it take to survive ..... Mods, is it gonna happen?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:13 AM

I already gave it my vote...survival and wilderness travel...basic skills for the hunter...no matter where you hunt.
Better safe than sorry...actually here in California, the DFG offers advance seminars for hunters (and everyone else), one of the seminars is about survival and wilderness travel...great idea!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

KP.... AWESOME idea ..... like someone said .... injuries ...if you broke a leg or back ....what would it take to survive ..... Mods, is it gonna happen?
Well of course the idea is good. But come on how many of us hunt areas that remote. I know I know, anyone can break a leg or get injured..but where does it stop?? Bathtub safety 101? The Hemlich Forum? Wash That Chicken Forum?

I'm just saying... can't some of this be discussed on the normal boards without an entire forum of it's own? After a week all your gonna see is posts about a guy who left his sandwich at home and ate a beetle in his tree-stand, to survive.

My 2 cents since YOU asked for my opinion~!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

GR8,
You've got a point, I agree, but disagree also. If you go look at some of the other places, there is nothing but crickets chirping, and they're here. We've got automotive, camping, fishing, wanted, misc and even politics!
And lets say we ended up with only 5 or 6 pages before people stopped posting; you'd still be able to go back and review what has been said and use it to your advantage.

Fact is, many outdoorsman die every year due to some unforeseen event that ends up stranding them. Some have gotten lost and had a great time, others panic and die. The difference; knowledge.

Besides, I don't read every section of this site, if you didn't want to see what was in there, you don't have to go.

Thanks for the response, yes I did ask.

KP
Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good idea!!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

GR8,
You've got a point, I agree, but disagree also. If you go look at some of the other places, there is nothing but crickets chirping, and they're here. We've got automotive, camping, fishing, wanted, misc and even politics!
And lets say we ended up with only 5 or 6 pages before people stopped posting; you'd still be able to go back and review what has been said and use it to your advantage.

Fact is, many outdoorsman die every year due to some unforeseen event that ends up stranding them. Some have gotten lost and had a great time, others panic and die. The difference; knowledge.

Besides, I don't read every section of this site, if you didn't want to see what was in there, you don't have to go.

Thanks for the response, yes I did ask.

KP
All true..and I visit very few of the other forums
Old 04-02-2007, 10:45 PM

Great Idea! A lot of us hunt in remote areas. As bowhunters, we often are hunting alone. An injury orother suprisecould force an unplanned night out. Having basic skills and carrying at least a minimal survival kit are essential.

-- FLIX
Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 AM

Survival is essential in the hunting world, you never know when something might happen. GREAT IDEA!

Quick Reply: New "survival" forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.