Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I can't believe I did it. >

I can't believe I did it.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can't believe I did it.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default I can't believe I did it.

I went off the deep end. I spent my money set aside for a guardian on a High Country Iron Mace. I decided against the guardian because of so many moving parts(probably unfounded, I just couldn't close the deal). I decided against the vectrix, well I really didn't...it was a great shooting bow. I got on the internet too buy my bow after a couple of beers and this is what happened. I will report back to everyone as soon as I shoot it. If anyone cares, I got it on ebay:
70# iron mace new = 575.00
double rear mount sts= 37.95
lore stabilizer w/ braided sling = 24.95
trophy ridge matrix 5 pin store return(new)= 46.00
wisker biscuit qs droptine camo new= 24.95
Old 03-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I can't believe I did it.

ORIGINAL: KS227

I decided against the guardian because of so many moving parts.
What "moving parts" on the Guardian were the deal breaker?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

[align=left]High Country is claiming 330-340 out of this bow at IBO with a 7.375" brace height. That's outstanding if it's true. My guess is that those numbers are from the 60% letoff, not the 85, but still. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I still think that the Supreme was one of the finest bows ever made, and there are a ton of them still out there filling deer tags every year. Good to see High Country competing with the big dogs again. I'm really interested in seeing how this bow actually performs. I was dead set on maybe putting an Allegiance or Guardian on order sometime over the next two years, but this bow could change my opinion. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Once you get it set up and chrono'ed, give us an update, KS. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I see that High Country is still peddling those superlight 380 fps+ arrows. The first generation was junk, but has anyone tried the newest ones? [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Old 03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

the bad thing about eBay is that the factory warrenty automaticly expires...you should have just bought it at your local archery shop
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Anyone else notice how those limbs look like older Hoyt limbs in cross section?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

the bad thing about eBay is that the factory warrenty automaticly expires...you should have just bought it at your local archery shop
thats not always true a friend of mine bought a parker and a hoyt on there and got the factory warrenty with it.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: joe832002

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

thats not always true a friend of mine bought a parker and a hoyt on there and got the factory warrenty with it.
hmm...cause i heard that the bow company's have a rule about selling bows over ebay
Old 03-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

No offense but I hope that you never need it serviced because HCA is notorious for SLOW service.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Primitive Weapon

ORIGINAL: KS227

I decided against the guardian because of so many moving parts.
What "moving parts" on the Guardian were the deal breaker?
I'm curious myself...it seems most people are going by nothing more than hear-say on this. I'm not sure what parts are moving either.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

I'm curious myself...it seems most people are going by nothing more than hear-say on this. I'm not sure what parts are moving either.
Many people blindly assume after looking at pictures of the Guardian's center pivot design that the "pivot" arm actually moves.

This is not the case. The only thing that moves on this bow are the limbs, string, and cable. Which I believe is common across the board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.