Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does your biggest buck score the most? >

Does your biggest buck score the most?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does your biggest buck score the most?

Old 03-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Does your biggest buck score the most?

yea I know this sounds like a dumb question, but hear me out. Does anyone else fall into the situation where your "biggest" buck isn't the one that scores the most?
Between my 2 nicest bucks, I consider the smaller scoringone my biggest. It only scores lower because the one side of the rack is a little goofy, but its good side is awesome. My "smaller" buck out scores it by about 3", but in my opinion, the goofy sided buck is clearly the nicer(bigger) one.

yea I know scores shouldn't matter and all that, actually I think this post is trying to prove that you can't always put so much focus on the score of a deer.
Anyways, its march we are all bored so I figured at least this topic wasn't about bows, or carbon clothing.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Does your biggest buck score the most?

I have never scored a single on of my bucks, and I have well over ten under my belt. Size doesnt matter to me...
Now, if you asked me how much MEAT I have gotten out of deer, that I could tell you. Many of my racks just get nailed to the side of the barn for bird perches and squirrel nutrients. Gotta give back to nature what you take out
Old 03-19-2007, 10:03 AM

My buddy has a 130" 6 point that is just MASSIVE and would be considered QUITE larger than his "biggest", a 160" 12 point.

The 6 point actually weighed 212 dressed while the 12 point only weighed about 165. Obviously the 6 point was much older too

As far as MY biggest... well that's getting a little personal isn't it??
Old 03-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Dominant Buck

The 2-1/2 yr old 7-pointer I took, last year.....was a bigger bodied deer than the 3-1/2 yr old 8 pointer taken at the tail end of the rut. The difference in body mass was noticeable......but I believe there was more meat in the lighter deer (Sounds funny.....but I think he was lean from rutting so hard).

Rack-wise.....the 3-1/2 yr old would definitely outscore the 2-1/2 yr old, though.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

My biggest racked buck weighed 212 lbs. My heaviest buck weighed 253.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

my biggest are a 135" a 145" and a 170" and the 170 is definately my prized biggest buck because it was on opening weekend of archery season.
DS
Old 03-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't sound like a dumb question at all to me. I fall into the same category as you. If you just went by age, mass, spread, and height thenI have a couple of"smaller" bucksthat are bigger than my "biggest" buck.