Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting rest

Old 03-19-2007, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default hunting rest

What do you all using for an arrow rest on your hunting rig. What are the pros and cons.
I am looking at swapping out my NAP Quicktune.

Jim
Old 03-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hunting rest

I use my Whisker Biscut. Its one onthe best bow accesories you can buy on today market. Others like the drop down rests but you have to have really good form and stuff. The only bad thing to a Whisker Biscut is that it slows down your arrow by a couple FPS and the last time i looked, a few FPS didn't make a whole lota differance with a deer!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:25 AM

I also use the Whisker Biscut Deluxe, very happy with it, I just got it few weeks ago but already put like 200 shoot thru it...just get the right size! Also, I use duravanes and have not have any problems...an did not notice the reduction on speed.

Just my 0.02

Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Site Bouncer

I use the Whisker Biscuit as well, it's a great hunting rest. I have been using them for some time now and have no complaints. As someone stated, get the correct size biscuit....when in doubt get the next size larger.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM

Wow. I'll be the first to say that I just got rid of my whisker biscuit and will be purchasing a QAD Ultra Rest HD.

I was slightly dissapointed in the reduction of speed but even more dissapointed in the sound factor. WB's are a bit noisey. You can put armor all on them, "no ice", you can wax the shafts, etc. It will quiet the WB down some.

With WB's, the vanes must "sift" their way through. This proves to be noisey and is where the reduction of speed comes from. With a drop-away, there is no "sifting" going on and nothing reducing the speed.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a WB and have for years. With the aarows I use noise is not a factor. I also use Blazers with my WB. I have personally never noticed any speed loss to make a difference.

If you want something simple, reliable, quiet and offers total aarow containment, you can't go wrong with the WB IMO.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

MDBuckhunter....

Your reasons for changing were the EXACT reasons I changed. I, too, utilize the QAD Ultra Rest......and I've had ZERO issues with it.

Just for kicks.....I was in our local bow shop on Saturday.....and picked up a new Bowtech Guardian that the shop had installed a WB on. I came to full draw, utilizing anumber of arrows. The radial x-weaves, BY FAR, were the noisiest (and this just so happens to be the arrows I use). The most quiet arrows were Beamans (really nothing discernable). The bow shop owner could hear me drawing the bow from over THIRTY FEET. I trust deer can discern said noise even more acutely.

And Gus.... I believe noise ISN'T likely a factor just as well. It all depends on the arrow you're utilizing. At the time, though.....I had MUCH more money tied up in arrows than I did the WB. It was an easy choice FOR ME.

If you don't have an arrow choice.....pull several through the WB.....and noise shouldn't be a factor for you, either.

Good luck.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:30 PM

I use a WB and also use radial x-weaves. I have no nosie issues at all, it is very quiet whenI draw.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would deffiently go with a QAS ULTRA REST, they have all the advantages of the wisker bisquit but none of the draw backs. I personaly shoot the ultra rest pro LD.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Suppose to say QAD sorry for the spelling.

Quick Reply: hunting rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.