Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lok.... Who wears it? >

Scent Lok.... Who wears it?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lok.... Who wears it?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent Lok.... Who wears it?

I have a base layer system I bought prolly 10 years ago ... I never saw a difference one way or another, so I stopped wearing it. Not that I could fit into that sucker now if a wanted to [8D]

Does it work? I always see plenty of deer, and up close, as I also practice strictscent control..... with and without it ...so I dunno
Old 03-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

I have not worn it but have agreed to take archer58 up on his offer todayto send me scentlok free of chargeand to give an unbiased report this coming season on the product.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Bartender

I do not
Old 03-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have worn it for years now and truely believed it helped. But with all of the posts lately I am not sure if it works or not. I know I have not been busted be a deers nose as much since I started wearing it. But maybe I am just being more careful as I become a better hunter. I really wish a hunting based organization would do an unbiased test on this stuff. If it really is not able to be reactivated, like some (Experts) have stated in links that have been posted, I would not pay the extra bucks for it.

With calls, scents and other equipment we can determine if they work by ourselves. But with the scent lock we have to believe them if they say it can be reactivated. I have no way to test it for sure. Does anyone know somebody that could do a scientific test to prove it one way or another?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I have not worn it but have agreed to take archer58 up on his offer todayto send me scentlok free of chargeand to give an unbiased report this coming season on the product.
I will come out of hiding for this one and say

Holy order elimination Batman[8D]

Don all I ask is a picture of you fully dressed, once your famous I will be able to sell it.

Yes I have worn Scent-Lok, this year I went to X-Scents products.
ScentLoks new baselayer is supposed to be awesome.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: archer58

I've worn it 10+ years. I won't hunt without it.
And I also prctice strict scent control and the Scent-Lok is a part of that.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 03-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

LOL Germ. I brought you out, doesn't surprise me.BTW,I noticed that you skipped right over jmbuckhunters excellent post. He made a great post IMO.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:54 PM

I don't........for obvious reasons..........but forgetting that for a second I have never really seen a need for it. I practice good scent control without being a fanatic about it and that has served me well for many years. If the day ever comes where I believe my scent is hurting my success in the woods I will re-examine and improve my scent control with something that works. There are so many products available but today's carbon suits would honestly be my last choice in the scent control battle.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

i wear it.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

No. Not with these skills.

Quick Reply: Scent Lok.... Who wears it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.