Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's Your Most Important/Favorite... >

What's Your Most Important/Favorite...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's Your Most Important/Favorite...

Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's Your Most Important/Favorite...

article of clothing for bowhunting. You can list brand/manufacturer, reasons for liking so well, what it cost, ect.

Just curious. This could help someone to buy the right clothing for the right situation the "first" time. I just hate buying hunting clothes only to find out later they are noisy, too cold, too hot, or just uncomfortable on stand.

LT
Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's Your Most Important/Favorite...

Enigma BDU and cargo pants. Extremely versatile, very effective pattern, water resistance, customizable, excels while hunting about anything... these are my favorite. I also like my old browning gator fleece in the right situations.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: dwd2001

Enigma BDU and cargo pants. Extremely versatile, very effective pattern, water resistance, customizable, excels while hunting about anything... these are my favorite. I also like my old browning gator fleece in the right situations.
Wish I could say the same, mine hasn't arrived yet! [&:]

Mine will most likely be my new Enigma.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Made it myself. (not the whole thing, just the 3-Deffect)

The experiences with it so far have me believing it makes me invisible. I've had 3 deer look directly at me and not know what the heck I was. One was at 5yds, one at 20, and the 3rd was a 180lb 6pt buck (who is no longer with us)

Suit is a reject left-over clearance $25 item. Cost of alterations = about 5 bucks.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

wool socks that keep my feet warm. If my feet get cold the hunt stinks and takes forever and makes me want to quit so I love my wool socks.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cabela's MT050 Gore-Tex.... Keeps me warm and dry no matter the weather.

Perfect for layering underneath and my ASAT 3D suit finishes it off!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess my pants...

Last year it was so hot on one particular day that I took off my mask, shirt and boots. Later I even removed my socks, and it was still hot. I never took off my pants, but did think about it. I guess the only thing that kept me from removing them was the remote possibility that someone could walk up and see me there, nude, bow in hand, manhood dangling in the sweltering heat more so than just liking my pants so much. But since I never parted with them while hunting, I'll pick them.

I'm also fond of suspenders and oversized pants while hunting.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Redhead's Enduraskin for warm weather hunting. Cool and wicks moisture away very quickly.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:45 PM

My base layer....the first layer is the most critical. It will make or break your day.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Gray Wolf Woolens clothing... I've got unlined Wolfskin, and a couple sets lined with Comfortmax/Liteloft on the way for my upcoming elk hunt. Jeff can custom-tailor any item, and add things like grunt-tube pockets, elasticsleeve adjusters and bino pockets. He also carries some exceptional wool items.

Outside my actual hardware, www.graywolfwoolens.com is my best resource before taking to the field.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Important/Favorite...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.