Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever been completely skunked because of dumb hunters? >

Ever been completely skunked because of dumb hunters?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever been completely skunked because of dumb hunters?

Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Ever been completely skunked because of dumb hunters?

At prime time during a hunt some idiot walks right under my stand dissrupting everything, I didnt say anything in hopes that maybe deer would still come. I was WRONG that guy took every deer in the county and shoved them into the next.

I was just wondering if something like this has happened to you?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Default RE: Ever been completely skunked because of dumb hunters?

Were you on private land?
If so, you should have called the cops or conservation officers and had him nailed for tresspassing if he didnt have permission.
If you were on public land, or he had permission to hunt the land you were on....Deal with it. Many a hunter has had a hunt spoiled by another hunter. Comes with the territory. Gotta accept it as part of hunting. Unless you are on your own land, you dont own the woods, and others should have equal access.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, definately had this happen. I was hunting private land but i dont have sole permission so there wasnt a whole lot icould do...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Although they had equal access they should have enough respect to get out in the field early or wait until the next day. That simple.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: footballskrat

Although they had equal access they should have enough respect to get out in the field early or wait until the next day. That simple.
I disagree. Equal access, as you stated, is equal access. That means he has just as much right to be there as you, regardless of who gets there first. Im not trying to be a jerk, but I hear a lot of people say, "I was there first." That is simple not a valid argument. True, he could have dont the respectful thing and walked away, but, if he has access, you have to suck it up and deal with it like a man.
I shot one of my larger bucks about ten minutes after someone walked right under my treestand. Buck didnt seem to mind at all. Just goes to show you anything can happen.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was huntin' public a few years ago in Oklahoma...I sat in my stand from 4:30 until noon. I decided to call it quits until the evening. On the way out, about two hundred yards from my stand, was a guy sitting there at the base of a tree,with his bow, smokin' aciggarete, and he asked me if I saw anything!!![:@][:@]
Old 03-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

yup
Old 03-14-2007, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I deal with it. Had it happen on public and on private land. Once a guy came up to where I was sitting (rifle hunting at the time), sat down next to me, lit up a cigarette, and started a conversation. This is still fairly early in the morning, prime moving time. I could not believe it. I was probably 18 at the time and he was much older so I let it pass.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

I have had it happen but only by family members or friends that I allowed to hunt. Very disheartening to say the least.

Not to go off in a differnt tangent but I don't believe this is an issue of "equal access". Everyone wants to question hunting ethics and I believe this falls right into that catagory. The few times I have hunted public land I was always careful not to intrude on someone elses hunt out of respect for other sportsman. Yes I had the right to hunt it just as much as anyone else butout of respectwe didn't. We would be a far better group if everyone had a little more respect for each other.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

It's happened more often than I would like it to have. 2 years ago 2 guys sat right in front of my oblivious that I was there. Did I mention I am on private land and they were tresspassing? Same field next year some guys are walking my creek with rifles and no blaze. Now I do not go into the field with my cell phone that has the Game Warden on speed dial.

Quick Reply: Ever been completely skunked because of dumb hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.