Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds >

Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Old 03-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sheds...WIERD!

Mike,

Thats cool man...good find.

I have found a couple sets a year apart and one set two years apart.

Below is a twopic displayof a shed I found that I nicknamed candlestick buck. I looked and looked for the other side hoping it would have a base like the candle stick.. 2 shed seasons after first finding the candle stick buck shed I went back in and by accident stepped over a blowdowned tree. About 50 yards from where I had picked up the candlestick shed. I felt something under the tree with the tip of my boot. It moved, reaching under the semi-suspended blowdown, I pulled out the other side to the candlestick buck .... It was well perserved from all the grass and tree covering it. No chews! 2 years!

The last photo is a set I found one year apart..after going back to the same area..about 300 yards from the first shed...the brown...No chews on the year old shed...just discolored from the sun..

Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice finds fellas
Old 03-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

lucky i havent found any yet
Old 03-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

It is strange that some can be in the woods a few weeks and be chewed up and others can lay there for a year and not be touched.

This was a deer that my daughter LOST a year(all most to the day) from when it was found by the farmer.

There wasn't 1 single bite mark.
Here is a pic of a shed I found during squirrel season in September ... the base is gone, but the rest is in pretty good shape ... that was lying around all spring and summer ....

Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats nasty looking ....prescribed burn in that area PT?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Talking about something weird. My uncle find a deer skull on his property thathad a broadhead lodged in the middle of the skull. It was inside the nasal cavity. The arrow was no where to be found. The broadhead seemed to be very old. I wish i had a pic of it. I might try to get one next time I'm back home.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

thats nasty looking ....prescribed burn in that area PT?
Troy,

The dark part was stuck in the mud for all those months .... that's a pretty good buck for my area ....11 1/2" G2 .... We have seen a monster in that area this past season ...I am hoping he is still around ...we'll be looking for his sheds now that the snow has mostly melted ...
Old 03-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow! the mud did that! Hey best of luck finding him this year.. have fun looking! what state ya in Tony?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

wow! the mud did that! Hey best of luck finding him this year.. have fun looking! what state ya in Tony?
\
\Western NY ... Wyoming county is whereI found it
Old 03-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ALL you guys those are some nice sheds and deads, great finds!! preacher tony i have a few that are discolared also from layingin mucky water, pretty neat.Believe it or not, the last three days we have been watching a 130" buck with both sides from the house, I put up a game cam today where he has been comming out. Gonna get a pic then find those sheds[8D]But as has happened so many times before, probably not

Quick Reply: Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.