Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds >

Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Old 03-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

I went out today to do a little shed hunting. I ended up finding one 4 point side. When i picked it up i thought it looked aweful familiar to the one that i had found back in early december when i was goose hunthing, but i couldnt remember if it was the same side or opposite sides. Just got back to the house and it turns out that it was definately from the same deer. Crazy that i found it 3 months later and it hadnt been chewed on at all!

Found another onetoday. Looks like it was from last year...it waschewed uppretty bad

Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Sheds...WIERD!

That is a good find, how long do you suppose he could have carried the second part of the rack before shedding it?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamjosh

That is a good find, how long do you suppose he could have carried the second part of the rack before shedding it?
I dont know...surely not more then a month or so...
Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is strange that some can be in the woods a few weeks and be chewed up and others can lay there for a year and not be touched.

This was a deer that my daughter LOST a year(all most to the day) from when it was found by the farmer.

There wasn't 1 single bite mark.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM

How far apart were they?

The biggest one I found was 106 3/8" and the other side was found 5 months later and .8 of a mile away. I was amazed that he didn't drop them closer, being that they were that big.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

reunited, awesome
Old 03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

It is strange that some can be in the woods a few weeks and be chewed up and others can lay there for a year and not be touched.

This was a deer that my daughter LOST a year(all most to the day) from when it was found by the farmer.

There wasn't 1 single bite mark.
I have noticed that when i find dead heads that the animals seem to leave them alone and hardly every chew on them...

ORIGINAL: _Dan

How far apart were they?

The biggest one I found was 106 3/8" and the other side was found 5 months later and .8 of a mile away. I was amazed that he didn't drop them closer, being that they were that big.
They were probably a half mile away...pretty crazy. The one i found today didnt have any waxy residue or hair at the base. Looks like it had bee dropped for a while

Old 03-13-2007, 08:04 PM

im glad you had luck, no one around here can find any!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

I have noticed that when i find dead heads that the animals seem to leave them alone and hardly every chew on them...

Wonder why that is.There was another one found about the same area that was chewed up pretty bad.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Wonder why that is.There was another one found about the same area that was chewed up pretty bad.
Well i think that it has a lot to do with if it has the skin and meat still on it. If so i think the squirrels will stay away...

Quick Reply: Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.