HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/184471-sheds-wierd-more-sheds.html)

shed33 03-13-2007 10:35 PM

RE: Sheds...WIERD!

Mike,

Thats cool man...good find.

I have found a couple sets a year apart and one set two years apart.

Below is a twopic displayof a shed I found that I nicknamed candlestick buck. I looked and looked for the other side hoping it would have a base like the candle stick.. 2 shed seasons after first finding the candle stick buck shed I went back in and by accident stepped over a blowdowned tree. About 50 yards from where I had picked up the candlestick shed. I felt something under the tree with the tip of my boot. It moved, reaching under the semi-suspended blowdown, I pulled out the other side to the candlestick buck .... It was well perserved from all the grass and tree covering it. No chews! 2 years!

The last photo is a set I found one year apart..after going back to the same area..about 300 yards from the first shed...the brown...No chews on the year old shed...just discolored from the sun..

AR 34 eight point 03-13-2007 11:55 PM

Nice finds fellas

childers 03-14-2007 04:06 AM

lucky i havent found any yet

PreacherTony 03-14-2007 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

It is strange that some can be in the woods a few weeks and be chewed up and others can lay there for a year and not be touched.

This was a deer that my daughter LOST a year(all most to the day) from when it was found by the farmer.

There wasn't 1 single bite mark.

Here is a pic of a shed I found during squirrel season in September ... the base is gone, but the rest is in pretty good shape ... that was lying around all spring and summer ....

shed33 03-14-2007 09:26 PM

thats nasty looking ....prescribed burn in that area PT?

southerncross 03-14-2007 11:06 PM

RE: Sheds...WIERD! and more Sheds

Talking about something weird. My uncle find a deer skull on his property thathad a broadhead lodged in the middle of the skull. It was inside the nasal cavity. The arrow was no where to be found. The broadhead seemed to be very old. I wish i had a pic of it. I might try to get one next time I'm back home.

PreacherTony 03-15-2007 03:52 AM

ORIGINAL: shed33

thats nasty looking ....prescribed burn in that area PT?
Troy,

The dark part was stuck in the mud for all those months .... that's a pretty good buck for my area ....11 1/2" G2 .... We have seen a monster in that area this past season ...I am hoping he is still around ...we'll be looking for his sheds now that the snow has mostly melted ...

shed33 03-15-2007 08:16 AM

wow! the mud did that! Hey best of luck finding him this year.. have fun looking! what state ya in Tony?

PreacherTony 03-15-2007 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: shed33

wow! the mud did that! Hey best of luck finding him this year.. have fun looking! what state ya in Tony?
\
\Western NY ... Wyoming county is whereI found it

bloodcrick 03-15-2007 02:47 PM

ALL you guys those are some nice sheds and deads, great finds!! preacher tony i have a few that are discolared also from layingin mucky water, pretty neat.Believe it or not, the last three days we have been watching a 130" buck with both sides from the house, I put up a game cam today where he has been comming out. Gonna get a pic then find those sheds[8D]But as has happened so many times before, probably not:D