Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

With a bow

Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default With a bow

Heres my story and questions im a die hard xbow fan but im converting to a compound bow now, i got me a pse bruin. Ill use this in the spots that i can and my xbow in others now here we go, when i got this bow im a fan of mechanicals but my archery shop said no to them with a compound but yet i see on videos that alot of people use them second i got a a few thiefs that like to steal my stands so i got a couple of old ladderstands and a goliath climber im not sure i can use my climber with my compound or can i who does and is ok to. Or is is it possible. i love my summit.I would like all input on these as i want to harvest with a comp bow.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: With a bow

Wow, the lack of punctuation made that very hard to follow.

Anyway, many people do use mechanicals with compound bows and have good results with them. If you want to use them and you are shooting enough kinetic energy, then go ahead. Just to throw a number at you, if you are shooting less than 60 pounds draw weight on that bow then go with a fixed blade braodhead. You can use a climber with a compound. In fact, I am very confused as to why you would think that you could not. I hunt out of a Summit a good portion of the time.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not kidding, and not trying to be mean.

This level of writing is somewhere in-between my 2nd grade daughter, and my five year old daughter who will be starting kindergarten next year. Further, if my fourth grade son were to write like this, he'd be in trouble.

I say this because it looks like you're capable of writing, but don't want to take the time to do it correctly. Which is fine, but you're asking for responses. Would you prefer responses that you have trouble reading, or would you like for them to be easy to understand, so that you can use them to make a good choice when you're ready to make your purchase?
Old 03-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Yes and no killer primemate. OK then as were slaming a canadian because he likes to keep things short and sweet and not write a book about how a individual hunts but hey eh. Now from a 35 year olds perspective, Im a crossbow hunter, and i just purchased a PSE compound bow and would like to hunt withit. My question is as for mechanical broad heads was answered as sort of with climbers, but does a individual find it hard to stand up or to try and move around in a climber to shoot a compound bow. The reason why is that im tired of being called a cheater when it comes to shooting deer with my crossbow. As for your comment about kids being in trouble for the way they write hummmmmmmmmmm well heres one for you i grew up very poor not a pot to p@#$ss inand i left school at a young age and now im very sucessfull for what i do and i do kick myself for doing it but hey toast soup and the streets are not going to get a person anywhere. But then again im just a canadian....... P.S thanks huntingson........ ill hang my climber and do more shooting and try it out as well.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, where did the Canadian thing come from? I think it was pretty simple. You were being lazy, so who am I to get in the way of a Canadian being lazy?
Stupid Americans - always wanting things done right and having standards and all...
Old 03-13-2007, 02:28 PM

Mechanicals work well with compounds, after all that's what they were designed for, but they need more energy to open them that a cut-on-contact head requires so you need to be sure that your compound has adequate energy, it's not just a blanket yes or no question. The same goes for climbers, it depends on the design of the climber. Many people use them exclusively, others won't use them at all. They both will work, just not in every situation.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:42 PM

I agree it was terrible writing, but oh well. I hunt almost exclusively out of my summit with my compound bow, and get a deer every year.