Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Money Ever Spent On A Book! >

Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Just got my copy of Don Higgins Hunting Trophy Whitetails in the Real World. If you do not have this book you NEED IT. I would have to say that bowhunters should have to read this book before getting on a stand for the first time. This man has such a great insight into the quest for trophy whitetails (or any deer for that matter). No nonsense, no plugging snake-oils, no pulling punches, and to top it off the man just knows what he's talking about. I have had this book since 8:00AM this morning and already read half of it. I hope the mod's won't move this post, but if you must you must. I will understand. Bowhunter's need to back up and regroup with advice like this under their hat. And that is gospel Motown.
By the way you can order it here:http://www.higginsoutdoors.com

LT
Old 03-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Thank's for the insght I think thaty's the book I've been looking for . Thank's again for posting it .

nubo
Old 03-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Agreed. I bought it a month or so ago, and finally things make sense. He speaks a language I actually understand. NOW......let's see if I can put it to some good use.[&o]
Old 03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Tomkat
Could you post an example of what insight/topic it talks about?

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Move the post? Heck... I think I was the first one pushing it hard!

Don's a really good guy to boot, too; he came over at the Illinois Deer & Turkey Expo before the show started one morning(we'd talked through PM's and e-mail several, several times) and we got toshoot the breezefor quite a while.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Greg, I remembered your post and saved the link to my favorites until I had a chance to order the book. This guy has forever made a believer out of me. The way he explains his tactics strongly reinforces things I have thought on for some years. (Wishing now I had been smart enough to believe in myself) Things like stand placement, using/not using sign, and "habits" of Mature deer. Man, the list goes on. I would love to hunt with someone like this for just one season. What an learning experience that would be.

LT
Old 03-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.higginsoutdoors.com/
Old 03-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, i got it to and just finished reading it last week. A great book and like others said, It all makes sense now.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree - awesome book - you'll find my quote about his book on his website - Mike from Pesotum
Old 03-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have saw this book mentioned numerous times on this sight. I think the first time I heard mention of it was in a post by Hazcon...... I think it's about time I pick up a copy.

I have read countless books about whitetail strategies but I cannot say I have ever really adapted any of the authors philosophies as I tend to hunt terrain features rather than the " rub lines, scrape lines, etc" that most authors push. You guys make this book sound like it may be different from the rest.

If anyone wants to sell their book give me a shout, otherwise I will order it tonight from his website.
[/align]

Quick Reply: Best Money Ever Spent On A Book!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.