Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

illegal

Old 03-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Default illegal

some guy say it was it's illegal to use or build a natural blind in pa. is it i check out the web site and cant find anything
Old 03-10-2007, 06:30 PM

Default RE: illegal

If it is, I know of 3 properties that have em!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Spike

PA,
under Big Game Regs, bottom right page it states:

Blinds: Blinds can be used for big game (see turkey section for specifics
for blinds used while turkey hunting), however, the required amount of
fluorescent orange must be worn while in the blind. Although, not required,
it is recommended that some fluorescent orange be displayed outside the
blind.

www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/ lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2006/big_game.pdf
Old 03-10-2007, 06:50 PM

so you can use natural blinds?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here in Michigan like in most states it's illegal to leave a ground blind that is not madeof natural material on public or state land.
However if the blind is made of broken branch's such as dead fall , pine branch and other natural material , it can be left on public and state lands.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes you can use natural blinds in Pa, I hunted that way for years and killed lots of deer. Come to think of it, I don't know where you can't.[8D]
Old 03-10-2007, 09:32 PM

why couldn't you? Just drag up a bunch of deadfall logs/limbs etc and you're set to go. My dad layed a sleeping bag across a downed log and was totally concealed from the deer plus he had a padded gun rest too! A very effective setup (for gun that is) bow is a different story...
Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can make a killer man made blind, like Midwestj suggested,from blowdowns, brush etc. I feel this will stand out less than a bought blind. It'll look more natural, and blend in with the environment better. You don't have to worry about any new plastic, orstore oders scent to wear off. Theft is another issue that you certainly don't need, especially if you saved for awhile to buy a new blind. I don't want to sound negative towards your purchase, but you definateley have other options. If I was in your shoes, I would make 2 or 3 different setups, in different wind directions related to your runs or scrapes. This way if the wind isn't right for one set-up, you can still hunt in another. It gives you the mobility to bounce around in different areas, rather than overhunting a particular set-up. The best is it'll cost you nothing but time. You won't be supposidly "scent contained", but just stay downwind, ALWAYS, and you'll be fine......Good Luck!
Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 AM

Um, I hate to ruin this for everyone but I'm almost certain that I read you couldn't make a natural blind in PA. I'll go check my book.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to know the reasoning for this. I thoughtNJ was bad.

Quick Reply: illegal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.