Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Longer Archery Season in Pa >

Longer Archery Season in Pa

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Longer Archery Season in Pa

Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Longer Archery Season in Pa

There has been preliminary approval given to the extention of thePa archery/antlerless seasonin WMU's 2B, 5C and 5D (my unit) for '07. The extra weeks are, drum roll please,[8D] Sept 15-28 & Nov 12-24! UNREAL!!! It just keeps getting better.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:54 PM

Default RE: Longer Archery Season in Pa

yup i cant wait 5C for me
Old 03-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds good, I hope you guys get it! Here in Wisconsin we can hunt from Sept 15th - November 15th, Nov 26th - Jan 6th! We have quite the season! Good luck!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea too bad its not statewide and for bucks also.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 PM

It's just a matter of final approval @ the PGC meeting in April.
Should be a slam dunk vote.
I hope it opens the door for the rest of the state.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

id personaly like to see the season pushed back 2 weeks and run 2 weeks later. i understand the expanded season though in those WMU's as they claim they have way to many deer. I'm stuck here in 2c so its just the same old.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why push it back? Archery should come in and stay in until the end of the year. Longer archery season is not going to kill off the deer.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

i personally dont care for the new seasons. its a DOE season incase you guys didnt know. in my part of 2B i wont be shooting any does any time soon unless i find an area that HAS alot. the farm country i hunt just got pounded in the recent years. i hear if i hope a county over i will see more deer..getting permission to hunt will be hard..

personally its too hot for me to hunt preseason....and hunting after the season during the peak of the rut with a unfilled buck tag only being allowed to take does would be like torture!!

and rybo is right...a couple weeks of a doe bow season wont have hardly any impact if at all.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yea too bad its not statewide and for bucks also.
My thoughts as well but I was being greedy.

As mentioned the point of the extensions is for herd management, aka a reduction in doe numbers in special regulation areas. I am just outside of 5C but have permission to hunt a few small plots in the northwestern corner of it. I may take advantage of the early season if everything works out. I do agree it will probably have only a minimal impact on herd reduction but far be it from me to argue with the opportunity for more time in the woods.

As for moving the season back two week, honestly, I would be totally against it. I hunt public land and with so many overlapping seasons (muzzleloader, junior/senior rifle, junior pheasant hunt, small game season) the opportunity to hunt deer in an undisturbed environment is only available really during the first week of the season. Adding two weeks to the beginning of it is wonderful in my opinion. As stated it would be nice if it was elsewhere in other areas that could support it.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in 5c, I hope it does what it is intended for and helps to fix this terrible buck to doe ratio we have.

Shane

Quick Reply: Longer Archery Season in Pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.