Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 String jerking forward >

String jerking forward

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String jerking forward

Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default String jerking forward

Anybody ever had problems with the string jerking forward while fully drawn? I've had this problem with my old bow and now my new one. I've been told that the draw length needs to be shortened. Makes sense I guess. I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem and what was done to correct it.

Thanks!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String jerking forward

What bow are you shooting?

not looking to bash, but some bows can be easliy adjusted to help correct this.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

How does the string jerk forward? Are you collapsing? Could be the wrong draw setting or a form issue. Can't tell unless I actually see it.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had this problem when I got my first solo-cam. Many times its just a narrow valley and it takes some adjusting. It can also be a sign of to long a draw length.

With the radical valley, you can't let up at all. those who were use to shooting from the valley rather than the back wall had issues.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Could be a draw length adjustment (shorter) or it could be a tweak to the draw stop (longer) depends on if you're getting to the proper anchor point or going beyond it.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 PM

I had that problem with the Reflex i used to have. My draw length was perfect and it still wanted to creep. A guy that shot a hoyt told me that the cam 1/2 had a tendency to do that. So i got rid of it and bought my Bowtech, and i havent had any problems since.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a Drenalin. I had this problem with the bow I used before that, but not at first. I will draw back and while holding and aiming the string will jerk forward, and I think it is a matter of not hitting the back wall (too long of a draw length).

This weekend I am getting the string adjusted so it shortens my draw length a half of an inch. If that doesn't work, I will need a different cam allowing it be shortened even more. Hopefully that will do the trick.

I am alsousing a new release. The old one had a broken strap, so I just replaced it. I'm not happy with it and I'm going to try out a couple more while getting the draw length adjusted.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:00 PM

I will draw back and while holding and aiming the string will jerk forward, and I think it is a matter of not hitting the back wall (too long of a draw length).
That hit the nail on the head as far as what I was thinking.

To me it sounds as though in order to anchor properly [for you], you're allowing the string to creep forward and not hitting the wall and holding it there. This causes the string, as you said, to jump forward.

My question is, who at the shop that you purchased the bow from allowed you to walk out of the store with a bow that wasn't properly fitted?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would bet money it's your DL ..... I came from an old setup where I could pull the string after the break, past my anchor point 2" or more, to a dead stop bow after the break ... my DL went from 29" (so I thought) to 27 1/2. If your length is long at all, you will revert back to allowing the string to creep just a little ... and then ... BANG
Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will draw back and while holding and aiming the string will jerk forward, and I think it is a matter of not hitting the back wall (too long of a draw length).
Sounds like you are collapsing to me. As long as you are not drawing passed anchor and settling in. Which you wouldn't want to do anyway.

If you are drawing past anchor, and then settling in, then you need a draw length adjustment on your bow.

Quick Reply: String jerking forward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.