Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tenderloins anyone? >

Tenderloins anyone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tenderloins anyone?

Old 03-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tenderloins anyone?

Time to fire up the grill!

Old 03-04-2007, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Tenderloins anyone?

We got about 2 lbs we are cooking up tonight.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that looks great! One of my favorite ways to do tenderloins beleive it or not is to marinade them in Italian Dressing for 2-3 days, add some pepper and your ready togo. Another way that has been mentioned to me but i have yet to try is take your favorite BBQ sauce, mix in some Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and a dash or twoof Jim Beam or your favorite bourbon.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

awesome I just got back from camping with my son and one of the guys brought the back leg marinated in Italian dressing that we slow cooked and smoked on the open wood coals. It was greateven some that were there that never had venison and were a little reluctant to try it and loved it. I think we converted a few to seeing deer in a hole new light as delicious

[/align]
Old 03-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats great any way that you can get someone to see that hunting is a great past-time!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 PM

popeandyoungchaser,
I dig your signature. It is so descriptive, makes November seem soooooo far away.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Lifesagrag, I see one ingrediant you missed in that marinade- about a tablespoon of Liquad Smoke. It just adds a little something to it.

I really haven't found a way to ruin tenderloins yet , well, except for overcooking. I like to experiment and just throw stuff together and marinate. problem is, sometimes I forget what all I used and can't duplicate it again.
One thing that I really like to use as a marinade is something that my mom and dad always used for chicken when I was a kid. It is a mixture of half lemon juice and half soy sauce. Mom always marinated chicken breasts in it for about half a day, and then dad kept basting it on while grilling. I decided to try it with backstraps one time and it was really good on them just like it was the chicken.
Man, I might have to get a few packs out now... this is making me hungry!!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Proff, maybe i'll try tossing that in next time, thanks. I also like the italian dressing too. I've also made some with soy sauce, balsamic vinegar & crushed brown mustard seeds.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks really good.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

442deer, yeah i know it does seem like it is a long way away. My signature is just something i thought of when coming up with one. I took it out of a story that i wrote for my freshmen writing class my first semester of college.

Quick Reply: Tenderloins anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.