Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New To Bow Hunting - Looking for a Bow >

New To Bow Hunting - Looking for a Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New To Bow Hunting - Looking for a Bow

Old 03-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Default New To Bow Hunting - Looking for a Bow

Hello,

I am going to start bowhunting this year (wanna spend more "warm" time in the field) what is a good starter bow. Nothing supper cheap but something mid-range. I have been looking at PSE's website. Anu suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh and not just PSE any company would be fine.

If it matter I am a male 6' tall average build, jeez almost sounds like a dating service

TIA
Old 03-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New To Bow Hunting - Looking for a Bow

Check out all of these bows. They are all made by themajor bow companies but are just cheaper but IMO they are all good bows.

Reflex by Hoyt
Diamond by Bowtech
I forgot what the newMatthews line is called but someone will help me out with that, I'm thinking there called Misson or something in that nature.

http://www.reflexbow.com/

http://www.diamondarchery.com/

Old 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would look into a pro shop an look at the bows you think you would be comfortable getting started with,do notbe afraid to spend some good money on accessories.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM

If you've got a pro shop close by, head there and shoot all of them you want.

What I normally suggest is that you first set a price limit. After that, head to the shop, or several shops, and shoot as many in that price range as you can. You'll know the one you want. If you're just starting out, you'll prolly want a fairly forgiving bow, one w/ a longer ATA and brace height. It's a tough thing to do, choosing a bow....There are just so darn many that are really good.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Go to your local pro shop and shoot some bows and see what you like.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:28 PM

As you can see from all the names being thrown out at you, there are plenty of excellent mid-range pirced bows on the market currently.

Bowtech has Diamond.
Hoyt has Reflex.
Mathews now has Mission.

My suggestion, as it always is, is to visit your local pro shop and shoot as many models as you can in your price range. Trust me when I say that at least one bow you shoot will just feel... right. It'll grab you and you won't want to put it down to pull your wallet out.

Shoot some of last years top shelf bows too. You'll find excellent deals on fully set up bows over on ArcheryTalk.com

Among these I would strongly suggest Ross and Bowtech. But again, shoot as many as you can before making any deicsion.