Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 McKenzie or GlenDel???? >

McKenzie or GlenDel????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

McKenzie or GlenDel????

Old 03-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default McKenzie or GlenDel????

Looking for a 3D buck target to take broadheads and fieldtips from 70# bow and also a crossbow(dad's). I would like to be able totake them out easily. I've heard the Glendel comes out real nice(easy). They make the full rut and original, which is recommended? I see the McKenzie make a "tree stand" buck. Would this be a better bet?
Thanks
Dandbuck
Old 03-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: McKenzie or GlenDel????

I have a GlenDel Full Rut and I can tell you first hand, my arrows do NOT come out as easy as they do from a Block. I still need an arrow gripper to remove them. It is easier than a McKenzie, but not as easy as they make it seem in the commercial. Other than that, it's a great target. It's big, and having multiple sides is a very nice feature. I do like the GlenDel a lot.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the GlenDel Buck with a replaceable insert that take broadheads and fieldtips.
The insert I use cost about ten dollars more than the regular insert does but it's worth it in my opinion.
The arrows come out real easy and you can shoot from all angles and use all side of the insert.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres a close up of the replaceable insert.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to go with GlenDel, McKenzie is just way too pricey for the same things basically!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

RDHunter
Is that the full rut or the original? What are the specs on the "other" replacement part?

JLmoore1956
ebay has had the McKenzie targets with shipping at very low prices, much lower than the Glendel I've seen, that's why I was considering that one also.

Anyone have the McKenzie?

Thanks
dandbuck
Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

It the original and as for the specs , it's the same size as the layerd fome insert.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

dandbuck, something to think about. I have a GlenDel original (maybe they changed it) and if you hit low, outside the insert your arrows are done. The blown up picture above with the arrows in the heart; if you hit 2" down and 1" to the left in the leg area for example. There is a metal skeleton that destroys arrows. Doesn't happen very often, but at 15 dollars a pop, it hurts a bit.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

I ended up going with a Block 4X4. It was a bunch bigger, had vitals with an outline, came out easy
Old 03-04-2007, 04:43 PM

I am trying something a bit different this year. I usually just shoot into a foam target with a spot but the other day i picked up some really large paper prints of deer so i am going to put them up and my foam target directly behind them.

Quick Reply: McKenzie or GlenDel????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.