Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your maximum range on a game animal??? >

What is your maximum range on a game animal???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your maximum range on a game animal???

Old 03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Spike

Default RE: What is your maximum range on a game animal???

60 is no problem for me, thats what I actually practice at and it makes the short shots a breeze. I am going mule deer hunting this year in CO if I get drawed and I plan on my max shooting there to be 80yds. I will practice all summer for it, but I am going to increase my chances of getting something there. I dont want to come home empty handed. Hopefully the shot will be much shorter, but I will be prepared for it.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:31 PM

I shot my bow outat 86 yards I am beter then my cuzin.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:46 PM

86 yards??? C'mon man, get some more pins. I'll bet you're not better than Washington Hunter thinks he is.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM

That sums up this thread. The entire B. Hole family is....uh...challenged... or, special, or whatever the PC word for retarded is today.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 442deer

That sums up this thread. The entire B. Hole family is....uh...challenged... or, special, or whatever the PC word for retarded is today.
you better hope martin murphy doesnt beat you up
Old 03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Caught the tail end this thread, but I feel anything past 35yds. is irresponsible.(35yds. is pushin it)
Old 03-04-2007, 08:07 PM

I'm a relatively new bow hunter. I realize that you absolutely have to shoot within your comfort zone, but anytime you shoot 50 yards plus it's a risk no matter how good you are. When is that risk acceptable?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many hunters have killed at 50 yds, but in my opinion it's irresponsible hunting. There's far too much that can go wrong at that distance, which leads to wounded and suffering animals.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

If the wind is 50 mph and under I will go out to 100 yds. If it gets above 50 mph, say like 65 mph I will keep it under 75 yds. I had a 60 mph wind one day and shot one at 80 yds. I had to lead the beast 62 yds. I did catch the back of both lungs but thought it would be to risky to try that again. I will only take ethical shots.
Its been entertaining listening to all you newbies. lol I lead the beast 62 yds in a 60 mph wind. Yea I was being serious. All who know me knew I was kidding but I guess I should clear it up. I have never shot over 30 yds because I never had to. Thanks it was fun.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:00 PM

If the wind is 50 mph and under I will go out to 100 yds. If it gets above 50 mph, say like 65 mph I will keep it under 75 yds. I had a 60 mph wind one day and shot one at 80 yds. I had to lead the beast 62 yds. I did catch the back of both lungs but thought it would be to risky to try that again. I will only take ethical shots.
Its been entertaining listening to all you newbies. lol I lead the beast 62 yds in a 60 mph wind. Yea I was being serious. All who know me knew I was kidding but I guess I should clear it up. I have never shot over 30 yds because I never had to. Thanks it was fun.
What!?

You mean to tell me that wasn't gospel!?

I may have to totally rethink how I'm doing things from now on.

Quick Reply: What is your maximum range on a game animal???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.