Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ELIMATRAX

Old 12-09-2002, 05:19 PM
JPS

Default ELIMATRAX

Anyone tried these out yet? Whats your opinion?

Old 12-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ELIMATRAX

No, but I have been intrigued enough to order the video and watch it with some interest. Actually, I think if you contact the company, they'll send you a free one.

After watching it, I was still left with some questions and I e-mailed Scott, the owner who's featured hunting in the video. Here's his response:

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your interest in Elimitrax!

I can't blame your skepticism, especially when most of today's rubber hunting boots are labeled "scent free". How do they do that?

Actually it took years to identify and compile the plastic composition that Elimitrax is made with. And yes, it truly is scent free. We ask that you wash it in the Sport Wash detergent that is provided to remove any manufacturing and handling odors. Once you do that you can't smell it and neither can the animals that you pursue.

You won't believe the difference that it makes hunting animals that don't know that they are being hunted.

Please let us know if we can answer any other questions or help you with an order.

Scott Whitlock
Elimitrax

Of course, to really find out anything someone's gonna have to order a pair of these and put 'em through the wringer. Hopefully, someone on here has and will give us a testimony.

Discipline -- not desire -- determines destiny.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

MQ1shooter answer a few questions if you don't mind, you saw thier video and you say you "wash them", do you mean in a washing machine? Are they insulated? Last but not least do either of you have a link to thier site?

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 12-10-2002, 12:28 PM

http://www.elimitrax.com/home.html
here you go Tazman
Old 12-10-2002, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't it seem like your legs would sweat an aweful lot from these plastic over-boots?
Old 12-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry so long in getting back to you, Taz.

In answer to one of your questions, I don't know anything about the washing part; the video doesn't even mention that. Scott's e-mail reply was the first I'd heard of that, so I'm no help there.

They don't LOOK insulated, but I'll stress look -- as they don't really mention that either. They look just like a plastic-like material that would serve as an outer protection to be worn over your existing clothing to and from your stand.

You'll get a better idea from watching the video; again, I believe it's free, and I got mine like a day or two after e-mailing them with a request for one.

Sorry I can't be much more help, but like I'd said earlier, all I've really done is watch that video.

Discipline -- not desire -- determines destiny.