Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New guy here!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Default New guy here!

Hello All!

This is my 1st post here, and well…I wanted to let you know that I just pass the Internet NBEF's Online Bowhunting Education Class exam and got my Voucher for a Field Day!! This are just amazing news for me since NOBODY in my family hunts…so I don’t have great examples there, but hey! Here I am trying to change my family’s legacy… Does any body can give me any pointers as of what can I expect to do during the Field Day? I try calling the contact for the field day but he was not very helpful… Thank you very much! Isaac
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New guy here!

Welcome aboard Isaac, glad to have ya and you will learn much around here, dont be afraid to ask ?????

Old 03-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Hey Isaac, welcome to the boards. Enjoy your time here, we have a ton of knowledgeable people here to talk to . And like bloodcreek said, don't be afraid to ask questions. I remember my fieldday was pretty cool. We shot rifles, muzzy loaders, bow, and trap/skeet. Pretty fun day.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forums! These guys have a lot of info. Don't be afraid to ask a question. It's the only way to learn.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Issac, your going to love your time on this site! You will certainly learn alot about hunting and the art of archery, but you will also hear some great stories ( my favorite). Welcome and cant wait to share some convos with you.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the forums Rookie

You'll learn alot from us just keep asking those questions , as for your field day , your going to have alot of fun.
Tell us a little more about yourself , like how old are you and where do you call home.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard friend. Fairly new here myself.

Lotsa fun here and good advice.

Word of caution; pay no attention to anything I say.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:51 PM

Wow! Thank you for the fast reply...you guys (and gals?), make me feel welcome.

I'm 30 years old and I live in Concord, CA (northeast to the Bay Area)...mostly "non-hunters" here...stupid ignorants, make you feel that hunter or hunting is a "bad word"...

Any way...I've began practicing archery last year, but due to time constrictions I have not been able to do it as much as I would like to.

I have so many questions, since I'm new to hunting, so I will be bugging you constantly!!

My set up is a Fred Bear g2, with a cheap plastic sight (soon to be replaced), and some carbon arrows...nothing fancy, but I bet theys get the job done....

Thank you again!

Isaac
Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on passing the test, and welcome to the Forum.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:56 PM

Hi Issac,

Welcome to HuntingNet and to hunting! You'll find a ton of good information and guys willing to help you out.

Yeah, Concord is right in downtown Granolaville! There are probably bowhunting clubs and 3D archery events in your area. The guys at the Bow Rack could probably point you in the right direction.

There are sone BIG blacktail in northern California.

-- FLIX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.