Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Homemade lighted nocks video >

Homemade lighted nocks video

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Homemade lighted nocks video

Old 03-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Banned

Default Homemade lighted nocks video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk
Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Homemade lighted nocks video

Thanks for the vid Hardcorehuntr, I had bought the luminoks. They seem to work ok. I did shoot a deer one time and had a complete pass through. I think on the arrow exiting the deer it moved the nock backjust enough to shut off light? I like this idea, any ideas where to get the bobber lights? Maybe check bass pro or cabelas?
Thanks!
Crutch
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good video Hardcore.

I've been thinking of setting up all my arrows with lighted nocks before heading to Idaho this fall after elk.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

i made my own once. i didnt use a colar or anything to turn it on..i just turned it on and nocked it. worked great shooting targets and stuff. the fit in the nock was very snug. shot a buck this year and watched it fly and hit...it went out..i was like great! a pass through! nope...i hit the backbone or shoulder and he snapped my arrow off and took the head and 3 inches of shaft. never found the light..it wasnt in my nock or shaft..even at dark i never found it..i guess with a colar i wouldnt had that problem lol..but for how invaluble they are when hunting i think ill just come up with some cash and buy good ones..
Old 03-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

At $10 a piece.....and a "stay-lit" time of 40 hours.....I'll keep buying the lumenoks.

I ABSOLUTELY understand why people would like to make their own.....AND the cost savings, though.

I'm wondering....for those of you who shoot a/c/c's....if you'll be able to fit the home made ones into those arrows. Lumenok apparently hasn't figured out a way to do it, yet. I say this because it's the only thing keeping me from totally switching over, right now.

Only 2 shots at deer with the lumenoks......1) complete miss that struck a branch and the arrow exploded (never found my lumenok) 2) was a complete pass thru that was lit when I got down from the tree over 2 hours later. I first thought I'd missed low on the deer......but a playback in my mind, later, made me remember seeing the light go out of sight. if the light went out of sight for a split second.......it's a good sign.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot 3 does with lumenoks this last fall out of Easton Axis shafts. All 3 stayed lit the whole way, even after pass thrus. Its never been so easy to find an arrow, its the greatest invention in archery hunting if you ask me. I probably won't mess around with building my own, just stick to the lumenoks! One evening me an a buddy were driving around an there were tons of jackrabbits running around, so we played a lil game of shooting jackrabbits with my lumenoked arrow with Muzzy MX4s, it was pitch black out and it was like shooting them with a laser beam! LOL
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM

that was pretty cool - thanks for postin it up - I bookmarked it for future reference . I think I may give it a try this summer when I have a little more free time on my hands.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

At $10 a piece.....and a "stay-lit" time of 40 hours.....I'll keep buying the lumenoks.
$10? You can buy the thill light for $3.49/ea. plus the nocks, which is what about $.50/ea.
I made mine so that they turn on when I shoot, and then I can pull on the nock and shut them back off. Easy to make, a couple grains lighter than the lumenoks, and work just as well, if not better!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats been posted before but its cool anyways
Old 03-01-2007, 04:42 PM

That's the first time I've had the opportunity to see that video, I must have missed it the first time it wasd posted. Thanks, for the link, Don!

I really wish that they were legal to use here.

3. Archery
(e) It is illegal to have any electrical equipment or device(s) attached to the bow or arrow while hunting.

Sometimes I really love Washington state.

I still think I'll make a few up just for shooting in the backyard though.

Quick Reply: Homemade lighted nocks video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.