Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Todays Sheds PICS >

Todays Sheds PICS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Todays Sheds PICS

Old 02-28-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Todays Sheds PICS

Well, it was a good day for shed hunting. The weather warmed up to around 40 today and alot of the snow we have melted. I decided after checking my game camera and seeing pics of bucks that shed their antlers that I better get out and look for them.

I started in a tall stand of pines on the top of a hill with a swamp at the bottom. The pines after full of a bunch of old dead falls that the deer love bedding in throughout the winter months. I start up the major deer trail from the swamp to the pines and I take about 5 steps and there is my first shed laying right in the middle of the trail on top of the snow. It wasn't big by any standards, 3-points, but it was a good sign. I headed up into the pines and deadfalls and found a decent shed tucked up against a fallen down pine. It was another 3-point side (should have been a good 4 point shed but it didn't have a brow tine). I searched around those pines for awhile and didn't find any more. I then headed down to a small feild that is planted in Bluce Spruce x-mas trees. I searched through there and found another shed (4 point side with the end of its main beam broken off) and I found a broken side (3 points but broke off above the brow tine). All in all it was a very good day, especially for only being out about an hour and a half. Tomorrow the temp is supposed to be in the mid 50's so I plan on getting real serious and hopefully I will have a repeat of today. Here are the sheds, nothing big but three of these bucks should be close to shooters next season.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:57 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Todays Sheds PICS

Congrats on the 3 sheds and the broken side. We've gottenquite a bitof snow in the last week and they are talking more. Might bea little whilebefore we get back out. Congrats again!!

Tim
Old 03-01-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greatfinds! Good luck findingthe sheds of thatbig & wide buck, from the summer. That was an awesome buck!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great work finding the sheds, the only sheds i have ever found were spikes. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice! Keep at it and you will find those sheds from that big boy you have been after.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

great job. sheds are hard to find i think.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 AM

I was out all yesterday morning and did not find any... is there certain areas better than others to find sheds.... like bedding area, water source, fields, trails or is it just luck...
Old 03-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job. I have been out a few times and haven't found a one this year.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Nefarious12

I was out all yesterday morning and did not find any... is there certain areas better than others to find sheds.... like bedding area, water source, fields, trails or is it just luck...
A good place to start is where they have to jump over something on a well-used trail. (ie: fences, large deadfalls, etc)
The jarring motion will often cause them to fall off if they are ready.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mag,

Nice work, congrats and best of luck the rest of the shedding season.

ORIGINAL: TJF

Congrats on the 3 sheds and the broken side. We've gottenquite a bitof snow in the last week and they are talking more. Might bea little whilebefore we get back out. Congrats again!!

Tim
Same here Tim..

Quick Reply: Todays Sheds PICS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.