Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer can Limbo?

Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Deer can Limbo?

Just talked with my Dad on the phone a few minutes ago and it seems the deer are resorting to new techniques to get grub. We throw out a square bale and some oats every few days in the yard to watch the deer and help them out a bit over our harsh winter, which this one has been some of the worst. Anyways, there was a middle plank knocked down on one of the correls and the deer were all lined up and one by one bending and turning to fit through this fence to get at the salt block with the cattle. Man i wish i was back home to get that on tape lol. We have one little guy coming in who was orphaned in the fall. He was nothing but a bag of bones but now you can watch him leave the bale stuffed and catch a little nap under the bird feeder. He definatly would have gave in to the elements or the yotes if we had not have been givin him his daily vittles and a safe place to hang. Still one buck packing yet everyone else was shed by First week in Jan. We also have elk coming in now as well so Dad is feeding them a round bale out on the pasture every few weeks to keep them away from the deer. I need to get some of this on video grrrrrrrr.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:53 PM

Default RE: Deer can Limbo?

can't wait to see the video and pics
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

have you been using your video camera at all, I remeber you saying you bought one, I've been waiting on your 'review' as I am looking to buy one some time soon as well.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM

JPF, i got tha camera b4 Christmas and did a little bit of taping while i was out of college on the break. Got some of the deer in the yard, some ice fishing, quadding, slaughtering a beef and other good stuff but thats about it. I have not been home since then but i am done school next week and will be home for a few days b4 i go out student teaching in North west Manitoba. So the camera doesn't have alot of use and i discovered they are now selling for 40 dollars less than what i paid 4 mine[:@] However what use i did get out of it i was impressed with the sound quaility, i am a bit shakey which it does not stabalize that well so i need to invest in a tripod of some type. I will get some taping in next week back home but won't really get serious with it until this spring trapping beavers, possibly bear hunting and in the summer i am going to shoot hours of bucks and bulls to show folks. I still need to go and get this cable thing to be able to upload my videos.I need this chip or something as well to put into my puter so the cord has a place to plug in and i do not know how to do that but when i am back home i know a guy who can help me out. Hopefully i can finlly get some of this stuff up here, i think you guys would get a kick out of it.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:24 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

what model did you get, canon something or other wasn't it dc100, or zr??