Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Minnesota Black Bear?Anyone..... >

Minnesota Black Bear?Anyone.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Minnesota Black Bear?Anyone.....

Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Minnesota Black Bear?Anyone.....

Anyone here hunted The state of Minnesota for bear before????? Whats the average size of thebears.how much and where do i sign up...
Old 02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

Default RE: Minnesota Black Bear?Anyone.....

I have hunted near Cook,MN twice. !st time there I took a 300#er. 2nd time up there I put 29 hours into the hunt and never saw a bear. I prefer Canada myself. There are bears to hunt up in northern,MN. Just not the pop. that Canada has.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:14 PM

where at in Canada do you go? What are we talkin for 2guys to go for a hunt?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned

I have never hunted the same place twice in Canada. Get on some bear hunting websites and see what you think of their prices, bears, and accomadations. I have never just loved one place so much that I just had to go back to them again. Plus I like a new adventure and can't see going back to a same outfitter year after year like a lot of guys do, JMO.You will bear hunt from 3:00 in the afternoon until dark. You want a place that has fishing so that you can fish your morning away and also so you have something to do if you kill your bear before your buddy. ON only has fall hunts.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

Price is $1500 per person on up for cabin and baits for a 6-7 day hunt. Tags are extra and export fees.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:36 PM

If you dont mind me askin what are we looking at in a total package? Export fees,license,cabin,ect......Total?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned

I am thinking this last year our tags were $200 and a export fee was $50??? I will have to ask my wife, she pays the bills and I didn't even handle any of it. She is in bed, I'll get back to you if no one else here does. Our prostaffers set up this years hunt and I also have no idea what this hunt is costing[:@]Sorry. I left it up to them to book this years upcoming hunt. I know it is called Rainbow point Lodge,ON. Good bears and good fishing from what I have seen.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:10 PM

Have hunted MN several years. Should have killed a bear each year, and have killed two. The answer to the average size killed isn't the same as what you can kill. I don't remember specifics, but I seem to recall that the average size is like 120 lbs. Most bears don't weigh near what hunters would guess them at. Mine weighed 185 and 155 lbs dressed, and both were chocolate, which is not common.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:12 PM

A university classmate of mine manages a fishing/hunting lodge in northern sask. Offered me a job the other day guiding but i turned him down however his set up looked pretty dang good. Some of the best fishing in the province along with over 700 square miles of land which has been estimated at2 or 3bears/mile by conservation. Thats alot of yogi. Not sure want they charge but i know if i was lookin i would start with them. I know they bait as i am possibly working a deal with him to buy my beaver carcasses. It is way up in the sticks so travel expenses would be more but would be just u, the bears and the fish up there.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I Have Bowhunted Mn. several times many years ago with excellent success. I only killed one Bear (pictured) but did pass on 7 others over the years.4 Friends that hunted with me (various times)(1)MISSED one of 2 Bears around 150#s, another shot & lost a HUGE Bear & passed on 2 others, another shot the only Bear he saw & it was just under 17" skull, took 17" at that time to make P&Y. Another took a 19" Bear his 1st day of Bowhunt. I have Bowhunted Ontario several times& missed 2 Bears & saw nothing 3 times. Quebec once & took a 19". All Canada Bowhunts were guided (the Law requires) & the Mn. were DIY.
In several Bear hunts I have "SEEN" the most Bears in Mn.. Most of my hunting was up the Gun Flint Trail in the Boundary Waters area close to Canadian Border. Remember-many years ago for all these hunts. I have thought about going back to Mn. as from my experience, I would have my best chance there.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Black Bear?Anyone.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.