Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another black eye for bowhunters..... >

Another black eye for bowhunters.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another black eye for bowhunters.....

Old 02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Spike

Default RE: Another black eye for bowhunters.....

“Using live animals as prizes is illegal. It’s animal cruelty,” said Christine L. Wilson, the Lancaster County assistant district attorney prosecuting the case. “This type of conduct is against the law and will be prosecuted.”
just in case you missed this quote. what they were dooing was illegal!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: George Cowan

“Using live animals as prizes is illegal. It’s animal cruelty,” said Christine L. Wilson, the Lancaster County assistant district attorney prosecuting the case. “This type of conduct is against the law and will be prosecuted.”
just in case you missed this quote. what they were dooing was illegal!
Not guilty your honor. The prize was dead and processed when awarded.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm,
Turkeys are as "dumb as a box of rocks"? Now, I've never turkey hunted in my life, but I've watched quite a few turkey hunts on TV, and I've talked to more than one turkey hunter who came home empty-handed after giving it his best. Where does that place a hunter who doesn't have what it takes to outsmart this bird?
Yes, I know, we're talking about farm raised birds, but if these birds had matured in the wild, they'd be pretty smart too. I think Benjamin Franklin would have disagreed with the assertion that turkeys are stupid. Guess it's a good thing that his suggestion of making the turkey our national bird was beaten.
To me, no livingthing should have to endure torture, especially when it's inflicted for the enjoyment of another species.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Hmmm,
Turkeys are as "dumb as a box of rocks"? Now, I've never turkey hunted in my life, but I've watched quite a few turkey hunts on TV, and I've talked to more than one turkey hunter who came home empty-handed after giving it his best. Where does that place a hunter who doesn't have what it takes to outsmart this bird?
Yes, I know, we're talking about farm raised birds, but if these birds had matured in the wild, they'd be pretty smart too. I think Benjamin Franklin would have disagreed with the assertion that turkeys are stupid. Guess it's a good thing that his suggestion of making the turkey our national bird was beaten.
To me, no livingthing should have to endure torture, especially when it's inflicted for the enjoyment of another species.
Check your feelings at the door please. Save them for vthe soap opra forum.

Bringing in wild turkeys has nothing to do with this. If you placed domestic turkeys out in the wild, the yotes, foxes and raccoons would love you for it. They wouldn't last very long.

I was pointing out the facts of what they did and showed it was hardly torture.In fact your hard pressed to find torture in it at all. When you carry turkeys, its by the legs. You don't pick them up a cuddle them. So hanging them by the legs is not that far from normal practice. Because they are dumb and have no clue, shooting arrows doesn't add anything. Last when they are wounded they were killed and processed. If you don't restrain, them they will run around in circles. Now I suppose if you did that and smiled you would cross the line.

If you think no animal showed kill another animal for enjoyment then maybe we ban hunting. I for one love to shoot bambis. Duck hunting was a blast a few months ago. Why stop there. Let's eradicate cats. They kill and they do torture for pleasure all the time.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

No worries, Fieldmouse. I don't bring any feelings into this. It's all just debate. If I express a view, it's just my opinion and nothing more. No right view or wrong view is implied. The only real point I was trying to make is that turkeys, as a species, aren't really that stupid. Farm raised turkeys are just raised ingnorant. There's a big difference between being ignorant and being stupid.
You're absolutely right about placing farm raised turkeys in the wild. Predators would make quick work of them. Good point about cats, too. I've seen them antagonize thier victims before they kill.
I remember my dad telling me about the old-fashioned turkey shoots they used to have. I'm sure a lot of us have seen the movie "Sargeant York". How about that turkey shoot? Of course, it was a different world then, and a chance to win "Lem's beef critter" might have enticed us all to take a few shots.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:58 AM

Reminds me of the Troy Gentry Incident[:@][:@]Thats a bad way for the public to think of bowhunters
Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

This stuff makes me SICK
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 AM

To those that feel that these morons as well as Troy Gentry represent you as a bowhunter , please turn your bows in and find another hobby but if you feel that these people only represent other stupid idiots - get over it and get on with your life. What is so hard to see about this? They DO NOT REPRESENT ME AS A BOWHUNTER - I couldn't care less.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

DISGUSTING[:'(]
Old 02-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unreal, just when you have thought you heard everything.

Quick Reply: Another black eye for bowhunters.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.