Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazer Vains?

Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazer Vains?

I tried these on my Gold Tips, and they seemed awfully noisey flyin through the air to me...Anybody else think the same?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Blazer Vains?

Nope.

I love 'em.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must be shootin a slow bow. J/K.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 PM

I thought they were much quieter than most vanes.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know they seemed to make a "Whooossshhhh" sound when I hit the release, espically in the woods where it was calm, I doubt the deer even if it could hear it, would be able to "duck" before it was already through at closer ranges, but what about the 35-45 yard shot? Maybe I should just try them in hunting situations, my brother in N.M uses them while Elk and mule deer hunting, who knows....
Old 02-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not expirienced this problem with them, but refrering to your comment about ducking the arrow, it has been provin that deer are more likely to duck an arrow at 15 or 20 yards as opposed to 30 or 40. I know this seems backwards, but the sound of the bow/arrow at closer ranges startles them more causing them to react faster, where-as with a 30 or 40 yard shot the sound comes accross more subtle which doesn't spook them as bad. I'm not tryin' to pick any bones here i am just imforming you so you can make a better choice about your problem.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

I have not expirienced this problem with them, but refrering to your comment about ducking the arrow, it has been provin that deer are more likely to duck an arrow at 15 or 20 yards as opposed to 30 or 40. I know this seems backwards, but the sound of the bow/arrow at closer ranges startles them more causing them to react faster, where-as with a 30 or 40 yard shot the sound comes accross more subtle which doesn't spook them as bad. I'm not tryin' to pick any bones here i am just imforming you so you can make a better choice about your problem.

You are correct,they are more likely to just turn and look at the source of the noise when shot at 35 yards thansquat to run.I refer to it as the BOO factor.If someone jumps out from behind a door and yells boo,you will flinch,if they yell boo from across the room,you will look at them like they are crazy.[8D]

As far as Blazers making noise,I don't have much experience with them but the limited experience I have has yielded very little to no noise.I still prefer feathers.[]
Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never have never had that problem and i love them. It maybe that your fletching is loose or damaged those are the only reasons that i can think why they would make noise.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:28 AM

Is it possible one came loose and is flapping in the wind? Mine are absolutely silent.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems to me that blazers are quieter than most other vanes. They are stiffer and don't ripple as they slice through the air.

Quick Reply: Blazer Vains?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.