Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GOBLER GIULLOTINES >

GOBLER GIULLOTINES

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOBLER GIULLOTINES

Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default GOBLER GIULLOTINES

2 1/2" X 2 1/2" or 4" X 4"

I got the 2 and 1/2's and i was wandering if the 4X4's are much better?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:58 PM

Default RE: GOBLER GIULLOTINES

waiting for Washington hunter to step in....

Old 02-21-2007, 02:50 AM

I wouldn't say that they're much better, but they do allow for a little more margin of error in your shot placement.

The following video was taken using the 125grn. heads. [Warning: The following video is extremely graphic. One cucumber was harmed in the making of this film. It is advised that any vegetarians be ******ed from the room before viewing.]

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v79/CVBears2006/?action=view&current=DSCF1226.flv

As you can see, the Guillotine completely decapitates my faux turkey head. The cucumber was sliced cleanly in half, the same as if i were to place it on my kitchen counter and cut it with a knife.

If the blades hit something solid behind the turkey's head (a tree maybe?) you're likely to bend/break the blades. I shot the cucumber in front of my Morrell Yellow Jacket field point target and it completely snapped off one blade and bent the rest slightly.

If you go back through my last 100 or so posts you'll find the short write up I did on them.

Good luck this season and happy hunting!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

The following video was taken using the 125grn. heads. [Warning: The following video is extremely graphic. One cucumber was harmed in the making of this film. It is advised that any vegetarians be ******ed from the room before viewing.]
LOL! ...Dan, you are hilarious! It's great to see a young man with a good head on his shoulders! Unlike that CUKE!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

no matta which one you get, they are bad mothas
Old 02-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks.............especially you Washington that was a good one.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

With the Guillotines do you aim a little to the side so that the blades hit it or do you aim straight in the middle of the neck?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:20 PM

Aim for the middle of the neck.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Hello Dan...what did you find regarding flight? Was it necessary to refletch arrows to stabilize a 4 inch head? I generally use Blazers. Another, possibly silly, question: What if you want to have the bird mounted...does it present a problem to the taxidermist? Thanks and take care.

Red
Old 02-22-2007, 03:28 PM

They flew exactly like my field tips. I used Duravanes rather than Blazers, but I've read where people have been using them with Blazers and they flew perfectly fine out to 35 yards.

As for having the bird mounted, as far as I knew taxidermists (and someone can correct me if I'm mistaken) have fake heads that they can use rather than the turkeys actual head. I've never had a full body mount of a turkey done, so I'm sort of stabbing in the dark here.

Quick Reply: GOBLER GIULLOTINES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.