Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Loop....yes or no? >

Loop....yes or no?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loop....yes or no?

Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Loop....yes or no?

Im with MATT also he summed it up darn good ....... good luck with the new bow and this yrs bow season to all of ya
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM

Me i switched from fingers to a loop and release this year. I love it no pinch and it allows me to shoot a 30" instead of a 31". Shooting 30" let me get the bow I really wanted in stead of sacrificing
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what Mat said go with a loop

[/align]
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 PM

switched to a loop last year best thing ever. i had to change to a release with smaller jaws instead of the cheap one i had.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I will simply not have a bow without a string loop set up........

1. No serving wear from a release
2. No torque on the bowstring at full draw
3. No nock pinch which can pop an arrow off if you let down
4. Allows for release pressure directly behind the nock (helps in nock travel and a cleaner release)
5. Can help fine tune anchor point
6. With today's loop specific releases it is no longer necessary to shorten your draw length to compensate for the change in anchor that the addition of a loop demands.
7. Tied properly the arrow leaves the string more consistently than a release under or varying pressure caused by wearing Eliminator buttons
8.Relatively light and easy to tie. If done right slipping is NOT an issue. (Releasedamage breakageCAN be so make sure the jaws aren't ragged or cutting your loop in any way)
9. Can be used to help consistently align your peep sight precisely square at full draw
10. You can more easily interchange between ANY release style with a loop.

Disadvantages?
Many people don't fully understand what they do and cause with relationship to form and proper anchor and don't utilize them correctly.......other thanthat, I personally do not find ANY disadvantages whatsoever.
At no time in the last 10yrs or so have I even given a split second thought to shooting off the string.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well...I ordered my Switchback XT On Monday. I'm havinga loop put on it. Hopefully I like it. Thanks for all of the input.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 AM
Bartender

Yes and I totally agree with matt.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

As many have mentioned, I also will NOT shoot a rig without a loop. There's simply no reason not to use one, IMO.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:50 AM

I shoot just as well with or without one. I currently have one bow with one and one without. It really depends on what "feels" right to you.

If you have a shorter axle to axle bow, like 34 inches or under I would say use one for sure, especially if you don't have a short draw length. I have a 26 inch draw length, so that might be part of the reason I don't notice a big difference. My 30 inch ATA mighty might has one though.

If I were going to set up a pure hunting bow though I wouldn't mess with one. I would go right off the string with no peep. Quick and simple.

Try one and see how you like it. Give it some time though, it feels funny at first and will change how you anchor to your face since it changes your percieved draw length. Any change in your set up requires some getting used to.

Paul
Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 AM

Everything Matt said is right on the $$. Picture this scenario - here comes a nice shooter buck , you are all set up perfectly and get drawn back without being noticed , the buck holds up with his vitals behind a tree (as usual) and you have to let down, when you do , your arrow falls off the string , falls to the ground and the deer hits the afterburners out of there.So , you go to the bow shop to have the loop put on that would have saved the day and you would have gotten that buck ! - does it sound like I have been there ? I have , as well as most everyone that shoots right off the string.

Quick Reply: Loop....yes or no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.