HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ? about SlickTrick Broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/181227-about-slicktrick-broadheads.html)

MTousignaut 02-19-2007 09:45 AM

? about SlickTrick Broadheads

I'm new intobow hunting using a Mathews FX my father gaveme after he bought an XT. I was thinking about using SlickTrick broad heads 100gr.

Question is: With these broadheadsthere is aring, is this ringmetal or a rubber grament?? And how hard is it to balence them?

Anyone have any experience with these?

Any info would be great!! :D
Mike

YooperMike 02-19-2007 10:04 AM

RE: ? about SlickTrick Broadheads

The ring is metal, andI hadno problems balancing mine. The are very well made. Most balance problems I have seen come from the insert as opposed to the broadhead. I highly recommend them to you.

Rhody Hunter 02-19-2007 01:38 PM

RE: ? about Slick Trick Broad heads

i use them and they work great fly exactly like my field points . great broad head there is a metal rind that holds the interlocking blades up and in place . well balanced

[/align]

hatchet jack 02-19-2007 02:07 PM

I use them and love them. The fly great and they do some damage! You can't go wrong with the Slick Tricks!!

Hatchet Jack

Wolf651 02-19-2007 03:00 PM

Yep, the ring is metal and you shouldn't have any problems balancing them. I never had and they are 1 tough broadhead. I'm still on my first head while it has taken 3 deers already and it still fly great. Great heads for the price.

MTousignaut 02-19-2007 03:30 PM

Thanks guys!! I've read nothing but great things about these broadheads!

Bloodthirsty 02-19-2007 04:21 PM

?

NY Harvester 02-19-2007 06:12 PM

I got a half dozen last season, the blades were so loose in the ferrule they rattled. [:@] I was not happy with 50$ worth of noisy BHs a week before season. Called ST and told them about the problem , they sent me new blades. Didn't remedy the problem, still were loose and noisy. Seems to me , they knew that the ferrules were the problem but didn't want to replace them. I won't use them hunting , I think a wobbly blade could break ,not to mention the noise, If I can hear it... well the deer surely can.

Oldhootowl 02-19-2007 07:17 PM

NY, I'm not in business to not make guys happy, a few early blades were a couple thousandths out, and those I found out about I sent replacement blades which took care of it, except apparently not yours. Give me your address, andtell mewhat I should send, or send them back and I will refund your money. If I thought it was the ferrules I would have just told you to send the heads back and I would send replacement packs, instead of sendingyou extra blades. You should have gotten back with me, I don't have many manufacturing problems, but I always make sure the customer gets his moneys worth. Will make it right, others will tell you I don't rip anybody, let me know your preference, THANKS GARY

SIDEWAYS 02-19-2007 07:23 PM

Can't beat that for customer service!
I just got a package of 100grn magnums, shot one of the heads and am now selling my muzzys.
I can't wait until September gets here

Dubbya 02-19-2007 08:59 PM

Incredible head, I won't shoot anything else until something proves itself better and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Go for it!!!!

Wolfpack 02-19-2007 09:40 PM

Buy the Slick Tricks. Don't get fooled...Get "Tricked"!!

YooperMike 02-20-2007 06:44 AM

Slick Trick (OldHootOwl) has always been willing to come on here and let people know when there has been a problem with production, and not made excuses. Their customer service is second to none and they are a very deadly broadhead.

Mike Hill 02-20-2007 07:54 AM

SOLD

Well let me tell you I'v been hunting and shooting a bow for well over 30 years. I use what I use because it works and never saw a need for a change. Geary I have never saw costomer service as good as you just put out there. I never pland to switch my broad heads but I sure am going to give yur product a try. Anyone who will back up there product like that gives back the true spirt and meaning to american made. Do you make any other products.

NY Harvester 02-20-2007 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Oldhootowl

NY, I'm not in business to not make guys happy, a few early blades were a couple thousandths out, and those I found out about I sent replacement blades which took care of it, except apparently not yours. Give me your address, andtell mewhat I should send, or send them back and I will refund your money. If I thought it was the ferrules I would have just told you to send the heads back and I would send replacement packs, instead of sendingyou extra blades. You should have gotten back with me, I don't have many manufacturing problems, but I always make sure the customer gets his moneys worth. Will make it right, others will tell you I don't rip anybody, let me know your preference, THANKS GARY
Thank you Gary.
To be fair to you, let me clarify this,
I did not aggressively pursue the issue after I received new blades , other than making another phone call , I spoke with a young lady ,she also said to send them back for replacement. I chose not to, It was already a week into season & I was aggravated with the whole situation. I used some other heads I had laying around and wrote it off.
Obviously you are a stand up guy, and manufacturing errors can happen in any business.
Best of luck to you & your company for the future. JEFF

talone 02-20-2007 10:33 AM

I use slick tricks and have dealt with gary and won't use anything else I love the broadheads and Gary is a great guy to deal with his reply shows this.

WesternMdHardwoods 02-20-2007 05:15 PM

Sorry looks like im gonna have to put my 2 cents in! When it comes to accuracy the "slick Trick" is great! I've got friends that wont give em up 4 nuthin! I bought a pack in '05 and loved e b4 the season came in! But during season i missed a buck MY FAULT not the broadheads! But i hit a dead uprooted stump and was able to dig the "slick trick" out of the soft wood with my fingertips to find it in several pieces blades and all? My aluminum arrow was straight as could be it stood up but why couldnt the broadhead stand up? That scared me away from them!

browning_xcellerator 02-22-2007 03:45 PM

these are great broadheads i used them the first year that they came out and all i did was buy them and some gold tip arrows i took the heads out of their package and put them on i did not balance them in any way i screwed them on and started shooting at the range first of course i was in love after the first six shots that year i shot a nice buck with them... if you have not yet shot one with them just wait until you do the blood trail is amazing i could follow it from my treestand for the first 15 yards...

when u get to the deer the hole they leave is something else that is amazing:D:D i have used them ever since and had nothing but great results on every deer or critter i used them on i use the 4 blade 100 garin hope this was some help and have fun cause i know you will.....

happy hunting and straight shooting.. browning_xcellerator

BowHuntingFool 02-22-2007 04:08 PM

Like others said....Top Notch Broadhead!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishforfun 02-26-2007 11:18 AM

I used them this year and they were great.They flew like darts and penetration was great also.They were the 100 grn mags.I think you cannt go wrong.