Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tom with a bow?

Old 02-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default tom with a bow?

i have never hunted turkey befor but this spring im going to give it a chance and i cant wait what i wanted to know is if any one has had luck with calling birds in from a tree stand or if i should just dish out the money for a ground blind any sagestions on calls and how i should use them would be great also thank you for your time and input
Old 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tom with a bow?

I call them in from treestands and also on the ground. I don't like hunting out of blinds. Camo head to toe and learn when to draw. The way you will do that is by failing.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

thanks what calls do you prefer and what order should i use them in
Old 02-17-2007, 06:02 PM

never done it but would love to try
Old 02-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Come on over to the turkey hunting forums , you'll get all the advice you need there.
Theres alot of good information from alot of good people , just click on a post and read all the replys.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:45 PM

I dont think it would work. I have never heard of anybody trying it but all most of turkeys enemys come for the sky especially early in life so the learn to look up not like deer. I would go with the blind. If you are looking for a good Slate Call The Slate Witch form Hunters Specialtys (I believe) and for a good Diafram the Fang from HS it is raspy but that is the way I like my trukey calls you have to develop your own oppion about that.