Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever seen this in the woods? >

Have you ever seen this in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever seen this in the woods?

Old 02-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Have you ever seen this in the woods?

While bowhunting on Amry corp of engineer land in Nebraska this year, my buddy (in pic with more plants behind him) and I were amazed at all th POT growing wild in the woods and along the roads. There was litterally 100's of 1000's of plants. They were budding at the time and I had major allergy attacts. I watched a doe and yearling eat a 4ft plant, leaves, buds, and all. My buddy up there says it's from when the indians used to live around the reservoir and grew it to make rope. The state or anybody doesn't do anything about it.... Thought that it was intresting and was wondering if anyone else have ever seen this? I will be prepared this year....ADVIL SINUS>>>>

Old 02-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever seen this in the woods?

It could be hemp which is a form of cannibis but with almost nonexistant levels of THC, I believe.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Propably rements of industrial hemp. During WWII there were a lot of government contracts given to farmers around here to grow industrial hemp for rope. The stuff has pretty much gone wild and is very invasive and hard to do anything with. Grows very well in the drainage ditches (Hence the name ditch weed) and anywhere where the sod is really tore up it tends to grow.

If you ever seen an area that is allowed to go fully to seed and than shreaded it is a great place to hunt doves as they love the seed as a source of feed. Stuff doesn't have the THC consentration of pot (Saying is you would have to smoke enough to kill you to actually get high) doesn't stop city folks from comming out and harvesting some to take home. The state used to do fly overs and order you to spray the patches (2-4D kill is very well) but don't bother anymore for the most part.. Cattle won't touch it but goats have been used to eat it down with some success. It is borderline poisoness to livestock but mostly just gives them an upset stomache and some other affects.. I hate the crap personally, makes me sick when we shread it.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not too sure about that picture? Maybe it's just me but the plant in his hand doesn't look that best. If you get what I'm trying to say.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

lol, mert
Old 02-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

No kidding, what is corn-hole-lee-o doing?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

what is that in his hand ???????????
Old 02-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe that's why the deer were acting so wierd this year?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

That's one of the buds in his hands. As you can see, he wasn't feeling any pain.....
Old 02-17-2007, 10:14 PM

So how much did you guys take?JK

Quick Reply: Have you ever seen this in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.