Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHATS NEXT?

Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Default WHATS NEXT?

Well i was at work today and got a phone call that the state is trying to ban bowhunting in my county.. THIS SUCKS i dont know what to do to try and stop them
Old 02-15-2007, 08:15 PM

Default RE: WHATS NEXT?

Why are they trying to ban bow hunting, any idea?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats really odd, if the info you recieved is indeed credible, then i would make some phone calls, and have your friends do the same.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM

see the reasons being is that i have 200 acres in fulton county georgia ( aka north atlanta) and my property is PACKED with deer. And im the only one hunting it. Its basically a dream place. The only thing is that im in city limits. I know lots of people in the courts that can probably get this dropped but i really cant see what im going to do after this...
Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Wow what a blow .
I no some of the Town and cities have limits as far as hunting of any kind within a desinated area of the boudry line .[]
Old 02-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Fork Horn

I could maybe see if they were going for hunting with a firearm, don't think i'm againstgun hunting b/c thatshow i got myfootib the hunting door. butbullets can do some crazy things and are much harder to stop. Telling landowners that i will only hunt there property with a bow usually betters the situation.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Dominant Buck

For the naysayers.......take note.

Hunters in GA have just as much money as hunters in other states (wait.....around Atl.....I'd bet they have WAY more). This has NOTHING to do with money. This should be interesting.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Spike

Gamehunter
If it was me I would be getting in contact with my STATE Congressman and State senator .
Old 02-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow dude. That would suck. I would definitly be getting on the horn about this one. Don't give in.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: gamehunter1269

see the reasons being is that i have 200 acres in fulton county georgia ( aka north atlanta) and my property is PACKED with deer. And im the only one hunting it. Its basically a dream place. The only thing is that im in city limits. I know lots of people in the courts that can probably get this dropped but i really cant see what im going to do after this...
If you're farming some of that acreage for a cash crop you could still hunt using crop dep permits, they can't stop that since their ordinance would clash with Georgia's Right to Farm laws. If you're not planting a cash crop on it start looking for one.

Quick Reply: WHATS NEXT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.