Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rifled arrow shafts >

rifled arrow shafts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rifled arrow shafts

Old 02-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default rifled arrow shafts

I was talking to a friend of mine about how a bullet shoots better coming out of a rifled barrel. It got me thinking would having a external rifling on the outside of the shaft help the arrow out ,hurt its trajectory, or not do anything to it ?Just wondering or do i have to much time on my hands to be thinking of wierd stuff ? Don't answer that .Would spiraling the broadhead help ?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM

Default RE: rifled arrow shafts

like this http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38_80_77&products_id=65 65
Old 02-13-2007, 02:26 PM

yes from what little i do know about the technical side of bowhunting, i have read that spinning the arrow helps stablize the broadhead and better flight. this is why they make helical fletching and also those quick spin vanes. JMHO but i dont think the "rifling" on the shaft would help spin the arrow, idk if it would hurt it either tho.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:34 PM

helical fletching.....Thats really the only way to beeffective
Not to much windresistance on broadhead or shaft.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased some new "turbo nocks" from the the bohning people at the eastern sportsmans show in harrisburg last week, they are supposed to enhance the speed of the arrow alot, its basically another way to rifle the arrow. I think they are the T-4 style but not sure, i'll post some info when i get a chance to try them..
Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe this has been brought up before, has anyone thought of how a spinning arrow effects broadhead penetration?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

if the arrow spins, it will stabilize the arrow, but it will also slow down ur arrows some.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your arrow was rifled and you used a whisker bisket rest where the riflings would actual contact the rest to make it spin it would work. But any other rest would not work the same. The bullet in a rifle contacts the riflings and that is how it spins.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KoBear

if the arrow spins, it will stabilize the arrow, but it will also slow down ur arrows some.
That has always been my understanding ..... anyway, a hard helical would do WAY mor to spin the arrow than any type of exterior rifling in the shaft IMO

Old 02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree helical fletching will get the job done better i just thought maybe it would give a slight advantage to the spin.

[/align]

Quick Reply: rifled arrow shafts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.