Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Right sight for me >

Right sight for me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Right sight for me

Old 02-13-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Right sight for me

Alright,I just got my new dreni andI need to outfit it. I have been looking at a lot of sights and i just can't decide. I want one that has five .19 pins and is very bright as i hunt in low light conditions(deep swamp).I want one that is quiet enough and little vibration, but since a highway is next to me,I don't think it needs to be ridiculously quiet and any movement/vibration normally can be fixed with a little tweaking. Now I might start to shoot a little target besides hunting so i want one with a little extension becauseI don't want to buy 2 sights if i dont have to but if its not extended, oh well. I am willing to spend around $150. I have looked at the montana Black Gold, Fuse dual coil 5 pin, Copper John II, Cobra sidewinder, and the G5 optix LE. They all seem to be very nice but not sure which one will benefit me the most. If you have an idea of which one and notbeing bias, and know good questions to tell which sight will work best, please respond b/c i would really like to get it asap. Thanks, Mark
Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Right sight for me

To be honest they are all good sights, it is like bows, you get to a certain point and really there is not much difference between them. I personally use the Cobra.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM

The Montana Black Gold Flashpoint is by far the brightest of all that you listed. It is extremely well built and easy to adjust.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Myself, I look for a microadjust sight with NO plastic.

The new Copper Johns
Spot Hogg
Viper
etc...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM

i dont know about yall, but personally, i like the single vertical pin sights. Very easy to use and easier to sight and adjust than i think any other sight. i have the trophy ridge titan v drive .019 and it works awesome. it runs $150 on their site, but i picked mine up for $99 at a local dealer. I would check it out rather than a 5 pin sight. it is easily adjustable and sights in fast. with this sight, you can see everything and you dont have all the other sights blocking your vision. you can adjust it from 10 yards to 50 yards in 2 seconds.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Black an gold sights.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

Washington hunter nailed it
Old 02-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

This is the Viper Predator Pro MT (Micro tune) that I have on my bow. No plastic....and it's the brightest sight I've seen. I have the .019 top and 2nd pins.....and .010 3rd and 4ths.

I took off the spott hog Hunter hog it to put this sight on. I'll sell it for $100 if you'r einterested in it, though (w/ light kit....+ shipping).

The Viper is the best I've seen.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with AchryDeer, I like the vert single pin sight. I got an HHA OL-5000, no plastic and easy adjustments. It's bright with 3ft of fiber optic wrap.I like it alot for about $100.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The micro-adjusting sights are definitely the way to go as far as I am concerned. Not having to fiddle with allen wrenches and the inevitable "oh crap it went too far now how do I figure out where it should be" followed by a few explicatives sure was a nice change for me. I have a trophy ridge and really like it, but I bet whatever is clever.

Quick Reply: Right sight for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.