Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
OUTFITERS GOOD or BAD >

OUTFITERS GOOD or BAD

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OUTFITERS GOOD or BAD

Old 12-05-2002, 10:26 PM

Default OUTFITERS GOOD or BAD

Hey I have heard some realy bad stories about U S A outfiters, some of what I have heard is not good hunting ethics and close to against the law. has any one heard these same things?
Old 12-06-2002, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: OUTFITERS GOOD or BAD

I am sure there are probably bad outfitters in the USA as well as in Canada. I assume thats where you are from. Always get references before you hunt with any outfitter.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:25 AM

opps, I ment United States Outfiters

Old 12-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've always heard they were top notch.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:29 PM

Maybe Tom Marinda is the one they Bleached all the other water holes except the one where he was setting, so they could get more advertizing. So I have heard .

Old 12-06-2002, 10:47 PM

I find it hard to believe that an outfitter (who depends on word of mouth a LOT more than 1 hunting video for business) would sabatoge the rest of the water holes in the area for 1 crummy video. That would be like smashing the windows on all the other cars in the lot so you would only buy the most expensive one.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's what I read. <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>2 guides are indicted for illegal hunt tactics

PHOENIX --- Two professional big-game guides who reportedly used an aircraft to lead elk hunts near Payson were indicted by a federal grand jury after they booked an undercover agent as one of their clients, according to U.S. District Court records.

The five counts, unsealed Wednesday, accuse George Taulman, David C. Holton III and United States Outfitters Inc. of using a Cessna aircraft piloted by Taulman to illegally locate bull elk for customers in 1998.&quot;

----------------------------------------------------------

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Old 12-07-2002, 04:03 PM

From what I have heard and read these people will do just about anything to get their clients an animal, the sad part is that the clients seem to belive that if they pay money then they accept that what ever the outfitter says is how the law is, even if it is not.

Old 12-07-2002, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Charlie P is right, I read that article, it was longer and it is true.
Now, locating elk with a plane does not automaticallly grat you that you will harvest an elk, but it is illegal in AZ and NM to do it, I assume if your an outfitter, I am not sure of how the law is written, but it is the law and they broke it. Just because you know where elk are will not buy you a trophy animal, but I guess it does increase your chances.

Hunting ; an act of love for nature guided by the strongest spiritual forces.
http://www.adventuresoutdoors.freehomepage.com/

Quick Reply: OUTFITERS GOOD or BAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.