Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mt. Bikes and Bowhunting?? >

Mt. Bikes and Bowhunting??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mt. Bikes and Bowhunting??

Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

Default Mt. Bikes and Bowhunting??

I have always been interested in this concept; saw it on another forum and made me want to ask you people. Any of you implementing Mt bikes for bowhunting? Where we elk hunted in the past and where we are going again this sept, one would save a lot of time and energy riding one to get away from the spike camp to where we hunt. I could use one here to quietly and quickly get to some of my setups in a hurry and one would leave no human scent. Let's see your pics of your setups.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mt. Bikes and Bowhunting??

ya know, this has been interesting to me as well. I ride quite a bit and thought about using one on our property. Definitely quieter. I just bought a new one and am dying to camo it up.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too had thought of using one i think it would work great . Someone told me to attach a cart kind of like they do with babies to help with the gear and to help get the deer out .Never tried it but in certain spots i think it would work great

[/align]
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

m88, put a bowholder, cargo racks, cargo bags; it could get a person from the truck to the hunt a lot quicker and quieter IMO. The atv industry has a lot of products that could be implemented onto a bike.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

HCH,
They work great! I have one in Realtree Hardwoods and made a hitch to haul a deer cart. I will post pics when it warms up. There is no way Im going out in the barn in this weather.[]
Old 02-06-2007, 05:28 PM

I would think a rack on the handle bars of some type for the bow much like that of a quad gun or bow rack would work no?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Come on bullmoose, get the coat on. A realtree bike with a game cart; don't make me wait[:@]
Old 02-06-2007, 07:24 PM

i had thought of the same thing once, after i found some public hunting land that 3/4 mile walk. the farmer with the field next to the hunting land wont let anyone drive on his field road that runs right up to the land.

if any one makes one pleasepost some pics, i would like some ideas.
thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

I, hunt on my mtn. bike all the time here is an archery killed blackie hauled out 2 miles.We have also hauled out elk quarters using a pack frame. I have a scabbard that mounts on the bike that holds my bow.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've rode my trek out on more than one hunt. cover alot of ground quickly and quietly on a bike.

Quick Reply: Mt. Bikes and Bowhunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.