Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Michael Waddel ( Leaving Realtree) >

Michael Waddel ( Leaving Realtree)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Michael Waddel ( Leaving Realtree)

Old 02-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Michael Waddel ( Leaving Realtree)

I hope not. Realtree wouldn't be the same without him that for sure. Roadtrips is my favorite hunting show.Hopefully there is more
rumor than facts to this.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kshunter

Michael has stepped out of the box as an official employee of Realtree, but is still contracted with them for many years to come. The reason being is he can now do some things, and not cause any problems for Realtree and other Companies (aka..Contracts). He was getting so many offers, and this affords him the freedom to be sponsored by who he wants. Realtree and Road Trips is still part of that contact.
This is the same thing I heard from a very reliable source.

Look at this this way guys - as an employee of a company you pretty much have to do and say what they want, and accept what they'll pay you for it. Say your salary is X amount per year, and for that amount you have to travel around the country, do seminars, do shows, go here, go there, and you get paid your paycheck and nothing more. Over time you develop a name for yourself, a "following" within the industry so to speak, and more and more people want you to do more and more things, but you're bound by your employment to that particular employer. So you terminate your employment with that employer, become a self-employed contractor, and sell your services to whomever is willing to pay. Your former employer continues to pay you for the services you do for them, but now you can start collecting money from other employers (or sponsors if you will). Now you set your own schedule and your own prices for doing things. There's greater responsibility that comes with managing your own business, your appearances, your costs, etc. However, there is also the potential for greater reward if you do things right.

There's good and bad with being self-employed in this business. Hopefully things work out for Mr. Waddell as there are a lot of people who like him, myself included.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:16 PM

Good for him if he is going out on his own.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Typical Buck

I sure would miss roadtrips
Old 02-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heres the entire quote from the realtree site.

Michael has stepped out of the box as an official employee and is now contracted with us for years to come. The reason being is he can now do some things (like the GM deal) and not cause any problems for us and other retailers (or companies). He was just getting so many offers (understandably) and this affords him the freedom to do it.

And Realtree and Road Trips is part of that contract. It's really like nothing has changed. He's still in the office and Ashley (his wife) still works for us. Everything is cool.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe he just wants towere some good camo. I like his shows, he is very visable if you know what I mean. LOL
Old 02-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats one of my favorite shows. It appeals to me alot more than the other Realtree show.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

5 more years baby
http://www.realtree.com/community/news-detail.tpl?ID=1124
Old 02-12-2007, 07:41 PM

Sounds like Michael is far from leaving Roadtrips. It appears as if he'll have abit more freedom in doing what he wants with the show. It will be interesting to see where he takes it now that its fully in his hands.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have to say he is about my favorite to watch,he's a regular guy ,alot like Ralph Ciancerillo they are very personable folks.

Quick Reply: Michael Waddel ( Leaving Realtree)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.