HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Iowa considers Contraceptive? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/179186-iowa-considers-contraceptive.html)

4TRACKS 02-05-2007 08:30 PM

RE: Iowa considers Contraceptive?

$300.00 TO $1,000.00 DOLLARS .
Maybe they should offer that much in discounted deer hunts .
I bet theyed get a lot of takers and they would be farther ahead .:D

Sliverflicker 02-05-2007 10:36 PM

Dont kid your selves, this has been in the works for awhile, they continue to work on it, and when they find a cost efficient way to deliver it, some types of hunting and places to hunt will be affected. PETA Freaks, FarmGroups and Insurance Companys will demand it!

GMMAT 02-06-2007 06:05 AM

Everyone saying "it'll never happen" is being VERY naive about this situation.

I'll bet $100 cities hire sharpshooters at +/-$300 a head in lieu of leaving it up to the state DNR and hunters. They do it, already. Who's pulling THEIR strings???

Like I said all along.....I just don't want to ever be one of thos guys that wakes up one day saying...."I didn't think they could do that".

PreacherTony 02-06-2007 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'll bet $100 cities hire sharpshooters at +/-$300 a head in lieu of leaving it up to the state DNR and hunters. They do it, already. Who's pulling THEIR strings???

Like I said all along.....I just don't want to ever be one of thos guys that wakes up one day saying...."I didn't think they could do that".
Jeff, they do it out here in the town of Amherst, NY, a suburb of Buffalo. Instead of allowing a controlled bowhunt, they snipe 'em. Other places in WNY too. It's real and happening now. You are so right.

Javabird17 02-06-2007 06:51 AM

Unreal.. I am on a waiting list for a tag and they want to WASTE millions on "the pill" for deer.. let more of us out-of-state hunters in and we can help curb the population..

kevin1 02-06-2007 06:58 AM

Contraceptives have been an expensive failure everywhere they've been tried , what makes Iowa figure that they'll do any better? You'd think they'd learn from the mistakes others have made.

petasux 02-06-2007 07:03 AM

What a crock.When the insurance industry started pushing for more deer to be killed in this state hunters stepped up to the plate and the DNR started offering more seasons, huge amounts of doe tags, and a way to get rid of all the extra deer people wanted to shoot but had no room for through the HUSH program.Many lockers in the state now except deer through this program and the meat goes to feed the hungry.Hunters for thier part killed record numbers of does every year since the tags became available, turned the tides and for the first time since deer season was established killed more does then bucks yearly.Weve also funded the Hush program without help of any sort from the same insurance industry that lobbied for this deer kill off with monies added on to the cost of our licenses.

By even suggesting contraceptives in areas like Iowa City theyre ignoring the real problem, to many urban areas and private NR owned lands are becoming huge deer sanctuaries.Nothing against NR hunters intended but the current licensing system many of them are lucky to get to hunt land they own here maybe every 2 or 3 years, much of the land sits idle in the meantime and becomes affective deer refuges.It doesnt take deer long to recognize these places as safe areas.Iowa City chose not to let the DNR do thier job in the city and manage the deer numbers through hunting, they opted for spending vast amounts of money hiring sharp shooters instead.They footed the bill for it so its thier problem if its not effective.But getting the state involved in this type of craps going to mean either the state or DNR will footing the bill for a program thats ineffective and has very short term results.Im gonna email some of my elected officials now, this just pisses me off[:@][:'(]

Hoytteen 02-06-2007 07:43 AM

thats retarded...imagine all of the hard working taxpayers dollar go down the drain...3 to 4 grand a deer for one shot! thats outragous!!![:@]

hardcorehunter 02-06-2007 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Jeff, they do it out here in the town of Amherst, NY, a suburb of Buffalo. Instead of allowing a controlled bowhunt, they snipe 'em. Other places in WNY too. It's real and happening now. You are so right.

East coast happenings. Probably also hunter apathy, not enough interest in the bowhunt from locals, so the city hires sharpshooters. Who knows,they still can't hunt on Sundays in some states. West of the Mississippi, different points of view and outlook on everything.

GMMAT 02-06-2007 08:05 AM

East coast happenings. Probably also hunter apathy, not enough interest in the bowhunt from locals, so the city hires sharpshooters. Who knows,they still can't hunt on Sundays in some states. West of the Mississippi, different points of view and outlook on everything.
Speaking of "Hunter Apathy", Don.....the fact that the above things YOU mention doesn't bother you.....speaks volumes. The NIMBY (not in my back yard) latent pacifist attitude (and I'm not making fun of you, believe me....I'm pointing out something that is going to get worse and worse) is contagious, I'm sorry to say.