Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news. >

16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

I read somwhere, where today was Ohio's last day so I would bet it came from there. That is a very late season to say the least. Congrats. and as a taxidermist that is an easy fix and when done you woldnt know they fell off without an x-ray!!! Doug
Old 02-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the deer.

We normally begin shed hunting in the NE Indiana area this time of year. A buck harvested this time of year during a season like Ohio allows would havehis pedicles in a weakened state.

A taxidermist can fix the antlers for a mount, but there can be no honest entry into P&Y or B&C records for reasons already stated.

Again, congratulations on a successful hunt.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

David,

Some military installations can set their own seasons. The one where I work had a season through the entire month of February last year. They ended it a little earlier this year.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I just wanted to update everyone on my deer. I got the pictures put on a disk but when I got home the disk did not have them on it. I will go back to the store tomorrow and try it again. Anyway to answer some of the questions, the deer was taken in north west Arkansas and out season last until the end of Feburary. I did take the deer head and hide toa taxidermist and he positioned the antlers according to the game camera pictures of him and scored him with a 23.75 inch spread, he came up with a score of 169 7/8 is what I think he said. Anyway I apologize for not having the pictures on here and I will try again late Monday night or Tuesday morningsince I do not get off work until 2:30 am.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Oh yea I thing I forgot to mention, the deer did not come from a ranch of any kind. It was taken on a tract of land of about 190 acres that is posted,one of my uncles owns and it only has some old half torn down barb wire fence that keeps nothing from coming or going, so it was fair chase. Just wanted to add that for anyone who had any of those kind of questions.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:07 PM

Talk abought excitment to umphhhh ????
I wouldnt worry abought it , at least you got him .
Congrats , he sounds like a nice one ..
Old 02-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in jersey, we can hunt from the second saturday in september until the end of February.

and we still have rich people complaining about the deer destroying their landscaping. hahaha.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is crazy. I still say you were WAY more lucky than unlucky. Congratulations on a monster!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations man!!! I can't wait to see those pics.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 PM

pictures ?

Quick Reply: 16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.