Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need arrow/quiver/site/rest suggestions >

Need arrow/quiver/site/rest suggestions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need arrow/quiver/site/rest suggestions

Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Need arrow/quiver/site/rest suggestions

Well, I've pretty much decided on the Vectrix. Thanks to everyone that provided input on my other threads leading to this. Now I need more suggestions on everything else that will complete my bow. First is arrow selection: what I want is acarbonarrow that once cut to 27 inches (my DL is 27 btw) will by itself weigh 300gr with 4" feathers. I will then use a 100gr stinger for a total weight of 400.

Nextis the rest. TFOX(special thanks to him) suggested the Kaz away drop away which I've checked out online and from the mini video demonstration, the rest is awesome. It completely contains any movement of the arrow even if you were hanging upside down shooting your bow the arrow wouldn't fall off. I believe I will go with this rest unless someone has something better.

3rd is the front sight. I'm a single pin shooter and want something durable yet light. I don't need anything fancy, justsomething thatwill get the job done. I want the pin guard to be circular and I also don't wanna spend more than 70 bucks for what essentially is a fiber optic dot.

Last but not least, the quiver. I want the most compact design that willnot make my bow look retarded andbulkyor get in the way. 3 arrows is all I needit to hold,'cause I hope I'll never need to use more than 1.I want it to match the color of the Vectrix so it has to be something like a late fall camo.

Price is an issue. I don't want cheapy cheap stuff that will fall apart after a single season but I also don't want a 14kt gold plated accessory that costs half the price of my bow.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need arrow/quiver/site/rest suggestions

Your welcome.

As far as 1 pin sights go,it would be hard to beat the line of sights from impact archery and I don't believe they are among the most expensive on the market.I personally don't like or have a need for 1 pin sights but The shop I shoot for really has alot of luck and repeat customers of these sights.

http://www.impactarchery.com/products.html

I have already suggested the Full metal Jackets for a hunting arrow and total weight would be right at 400 grains with feathers and 100 grain points.Cut at 26" and that should be about right for a 27" draw.

As far as quvers go,the Fuse line looks cool but are expensive.The Alpine would be really hard to beat,especially at the price.