Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think camo on arrows is important? >

Do you think camo on arrows is important?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
2.78%
No
97.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think camo on arrows is important?

Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you think camo on arrows is important?

Of course it is. You need to use the camo ones because they are easier to lose and you have to buy more!!!

MC
Old 02-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

no i don't think it is importatant . Never had a problem with them not being camo

[/align]
Old 02-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I realize most of you hunt from the trees and I hunt from the ground. On the ground is at the deer's level and camo makes quite a difference. Put your self down on the ground and try it you will soon find out. It has nothing to do with an arrow being shot at them but rather having them hard to see in the quiver while you are on the ground. It is far more challenging than you think.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:03 PM

I noticed that the camo finish is louder than a smooth finish when I draw through the whisker biscut. The variations in the finish seem to be the cause from what I can tell. 2 cents please!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

I realize most of you hunt from the trees and I hunt from the ground. On the ground is at the deer's level and camo makes quite a difference. Put your self down on the ground and try it you will soon find out. It has nothing to do with an arrow being shot at them but rather having them hard to see in the quiver while you are on the ground. It is far more challenging than you think.
Oh come on. I'm looking out into the woods right now and see thousands of black shafts. Movement is the killer. If your taking deer from the ground, hats off. Camo would be a black shaft on the ground from what I see. I think a shape is more to the point. A teepee is a shape that is seen when looking into a woods. I kinda think it's why the Indians chose it.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Ditto what nodog said. Nothing but Marketing!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Xtec Shooter

Just purely a marketing ploy Indiana. Just like most other gadgets we take to the woods with us. Outdoorsman like camo items. They might as well be in arrows too.
Agreement!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:59 PM

It all depends on your pocket book and preference. Mine Camo ( Looks cool ) IMO.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

If you take the quiver off then you only have 1 to deal with. I hunt mostly from a stand, but have also hunted from the ground too.I never leave a quiver on my bow. Its that much more mass to move and to be seen.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

A teepee is a shape that is seen when looking into a woods. I kinda think it's why the Indians chose it.
Sorry man, I am not an Indian but, I do like the challenge of stalking and yes we can shoot 1 deer a year and so farI have shot 4 deer stalking. So that makes it 1 deer for 4 years of stalking. Talk about judging distances too, it is harder as well.Stalking, that is my way to hunt and is very challenging.

Quick Reply: Do you think camo on arrows is important?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.